How much is 10GB monthly allowance?

Im with BT and i want to know how long is a 10GB monthly allowance?

How many hours does that mean??

Favorite Answer

Wow, i didn't know British internet operated that way, That seems very little 'allowance' to me. hope you don't mind me asking but how much do you pay for this service per month ? and do you get unlimited telephone calls in Britain and abroad?

T-Mobile Pay as You Go Dude! £15 Gives you 3GB and the rest but at certain hrs with no extra cost the only snag is it's stupid hrs. After usage you will get a message that say will return to normal service at between 12midnight and 4pm. The rest of the time all will be reduced to browsing only. It's only any good if you have a night-time job or work from home lol!

Hello,

(ANS)No.1- The B.T. 10GB allowance per month is NOT measured in hours used, it IS measured in the amount of data in bytes, or mega-bytes, or Giga-bytes transferred across your connection (broadband phone line). This means how much data you upload & download, note: when you request a web page or make a google search you are making an upload & when you download an image, web page, film clip or file you are downloading data (upload >>>>is a request to a server, whilst download<<<<< is data sent from the server to your machine).

No.2 Both uploads & downloads use your allowance up by transferring data across the connection.

No.3 How much data you transfer across your connection is purely down to you and how much you use the internet & its various services.

No.4 10GB per month would now a days be considered quite a modest allowance to many internet users. 10GB's is really for a Low or lite internet user. I myself am a lite user and I average 7-8GB most months, a medium user might use 25GB per month and heavy user such as constant online game playing or downloading several DVD quality movies could easily top over 30GB per month.

Hope this helps?

Kind Regards Ivan

computer veteran.

if im correct 1GB monthly allowance is about 1 hour a day. so 10GB would be about 10 hours a day. Also if you dont go on the internet every day then your building up your usage through the month.

Source(s): used to sell mobile broadband

10 GB is space not time.

suppose you download a song its 3-4 MB

1024 MB=1GB

you have 10 GB monthly allowance. That means your Download+Upload+Web Surfing should be lesser than 10 GB. If it is more then either they will cut your internet till the next month or charge you extra per GB

btw i have 60 GB :)

I'm on the same option plan

Don't worry about the allowance

or extra charges.

as I'm an avid downloader and I

only use 7GB a month and I have

3 computers and 4 other people

using them in my house

it really dpeneds how much you download. if you download alot then its not that great at all. if you use it a regular amount with some downloads it you'll be capped by the end of the time period.

if you use it a fair bit but dont download anything then it should last the month

That is quite good for routine browsing and downloads. If you want to download lots of videos, music and fotos then you might finish it up.