Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Can a "Soul" die ?

Forget about "heaven or hell" I'm talking about ultimate death. Ceasing to exist. Never being able to find yourself. Losing yourself in eternal nothingness

Best Answer

A soul is what we are when alive. We are all living souls. When we have released the dense frequency and become an energy or spirit being again we lose the ego. The part of us that thinks it is seperate.

Stranger still they now think we don't physically die at all, we instantly switch to another dimension.. one where we didn't die. We do it everytime we change ourselves and our perspective as well.

But we are all connected to everything else including the universal consiousness. We are God.

Practicing Shaman... quantum physics rocks.

Does a drop of water cease to exist when it drops back into the ocean? Or does it simply become a part of that great body of water?

We live in a linear universe, therefore we feel everything has to have a beginning and an end. But, death and birth are simply transitions between realms.

When I first started studying reincarnation and eastern philosophies as a young girl, I remember feeling "the burden of existence" heavy on me for many years. In other words, what if I didn't want to exist anymore? In my reality, that's just not a choice, and it still feels like a big responsibility sometimes.

" the wages of sin is death" sound familiar?? I don't believe that it is the ultimate death, I believe that it conveys a consciousness- a sense of separation from God - here and now- No heaven or hell about it _ which I do not believe in anyway. So no. I do not think that we ever cease to exist- according to most philosophies ( except the Eastern ones I believe) there is no such thing as nothingness.

The soul of man includes your imagination, your will, your emotions, your likes and dislikes, in short, Your soul is your personality. mankind is a spirit, we have a soul, we live in a flesh and blood skin and bone body...You are a spirit and no, a spirit can never cease to exist. But to be separated from God is spiritual death because God is life and the only source of life...So yes a spirit can be dead or alive. Everyone who is not a Christian is spiritually dead because they have no connection to God. Jesus is the Truth, the Life, the Light, the Door and the Way. If you' re not a born again Christian, come to Jesus and be born again. The choice is clear, enjoy eternal life with God or endure eternal death without God....I admonish you all, please, choose Life !...

No I don't believe the soul can or ever will die.

John 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

(KJV)

Another meaning of psuche is the soul as an essence that differs from the body and is not dissolved by death <Matt. 10:28>; the soul freed from the body, a disembodied soul <Acts 2:27; Rev. 20:4>.

(from New Unger's Bible Dictionary)

(originally published by Moody Press of Chicago, Illinois. Copyright (C) 1988.)

Source(s): (from New Unger's Bible Dictionary) (originally published by Moody Press of Chicago, Illinois. Copyright (C) 1988.)

Your soul is comprised of your mind, your will and your emotions. It never dies. What you are referring to is the Spirit, which is what every human is. God is a spirit, and so are we, since He is our creator. Your spirit never dies, whether a person goes to heaven or hell. One will go knowing, seeing, hearing, feeling, touching, and tasting just he or she did when he or she was alive on the earth. So to answer your question, no the spirit nor the soul ever die.The way that you are now, with the personality that you have is the way you will leave this world to go to your rightful destination.

Source(s): The Holy Bible
  • Mike

What happens to a wave in the ocean ?

When the wave dies, it returns to it's source. be one with it's source.

if you think about it, you will know that it was never separated in the first place.even if the wave had different opinion about itself and its identity.

God is the ocean. we are waves.

there is no eternal nothingness. there is only eternal life, eternal existence, eternal consciousness, and eternal light.

we don't lose ourselves when we die. we find our true self when we die.

our experiences never die, our consciousness never dies, life within us never dies.

we don't need a holy book to know that. we only need to look around us. as above so below - as below so above.

• In this situation I believe one would be so determined to succeed in suicide, one way or another. However, success is not always an option.

I don't believe that a soul can die. It is recharged with eternal energy.

I truly believe that God will rescue us, regardless, out of His sheer love for His children.

My understanding that souls in hell eventually die, referred to as the 2nd death.

SSDS: Sudden Soul Death Syndrome

It's a real calamity.