IS SKIN BLEACHING GOOD?

I seen this stuff on the Tyra Banks show and they had all these ladies that were insecure about their dark skin color, so they use bleaching creams to make their skin lighter they even bleach their kids which I think is beyond stupid. They said if their lighter then they will have a better life or something stupid... show more I seen this stuff on the Tyra Banks show and they had all these ladies that were insecure about their dark skin color, so they use bleaching creams to make their skin lighter they even bleach their kids which I think is beyond stupid. They said if their lighter then they will have a better life or something stupid but anyways I looked in the mirror after I washed my face last night an im seeing that being in the sun so much over the summer, im at least two shades darker than I used to/should be. I HATE THAT im only 16 so im not sure if its cool for me to do that. My question is what are the health risks of doing so? Should I go for it or jus let my skin be as is?
Update: THIS QUESTION WAS NOT ABOUT RACE OR ME WANTING TO BE WHITE OR ANYTHING. I WAS ALWAYS LIGHTSKIN AS A AFRICAN AMERICAN GIRL AND I JUS WANNA GET BACC TO MY NORMAL LIGHT SKIN COLOR. YU GUYS TOOK MY QUESTION TOOOOOO DEEP