Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

french translation quotation by marcel pagnol?

There is a Marcel Pagnol quote that I really love, but I would love to know what it is in french

“The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be”

i would like the original french format of the quote

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

La raison pour laquelle tant de personnes trouvent qu'être heureux est difficile c'est qu'elles s'imaginent toujours le passé mieux qu'il n'était , et le présent pire qu'il n'est vraiment et le futur moin résolu qu'il ne va l'être...

• 1 decade ago

Angèle says:

August 20th, 2008 at 2:26 am.- A French girl wrote this: Une des citations que j’aime beaucoup de Marcel Pagnol est la suivante:

"La raison pour laquelle les gens trouvent difficile d’être heureux, c’est qu’ils voient toujours mieux le passé qu’il ne l’était, le présent pire qu’il ne l’est et le future moins résolu qu’il ne le sera!"

translation: “The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be”

I like very much the translation made by Gabrielle, but this text here seems to be the original French quote, so I hope this is what you were looking for!

PS: I see Van Thienen found it faster than I did....

• poland
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Marcel Pagnol Quotes

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

french translation quotation by marcel pagnol?

There is a Marcel Pagnol quote that I really love, but I would love to know what it is in french

“The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be”

i would like the...

Source(s): french translation quotation marcel pagnol: https://biturl.im/BDrgU
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

On one website I found : "La raison pour laquelle les gens trouvent difficile d’être heureux, c’est qu’ils voient toujours mieux le passé qu’il ne l’était, le présent pire qu’il ne l’est et le future moins résolu qu’il ne le sera!"

• 4 years ago

la vie et la mort ont determine des nominations, l'amour vainc tout

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.