White Sox asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

What do you think of the Mean Joe Green commercial remake that will debut tomorrow?

Personally, I don't like the idea. If you haven't heard, Troy Palamalu will be doing a Mean Joe Green remake commercial.

I am never a fan of sequels, and I just see it as pointless. The Mean Joe Green commercial is the best commercial of all time, in my opinion, and nothing can replace that.

So what are your opinions on this matter? Good? Bad? Don't care?

For those who have not seen the commercial, or want to enjoy it again....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xffOCZYX6F8

Youtube thumbnail

Colonel Reb, I agree!

Troy seems to have fun on the field, and not be a mean player.

However, I hear they are adding a twist.

Please don't. Let the commercial stand as is!

Favorite Answer

That commercial was a classic. And YES ... I was around for the original!

I agree that Troy Polamalu is not the same TYPE of player that Joe Greene was, but he is certainly as talented and dangerous, if not as physically dominating or intimidating.

Troy Polamalu gave his playoff game jersey to a little girl with cancer at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh last week. He visits her there anytime he's in town when she's hospitalized. She's having a rough time, but always brightens up when he visits or sends a gift.

Isn't that really the same thing as what's shown in the old commercial?

• It's interesting. Mean Joe Green and the commercial is classic and will always be, but I'm curious to see how the Steeler Troy does it in 2009. I think it's actually a good idea because people are going to be looking for it, which means they have captured an audience before the commercial starts. Now whether Troy portrays that meanness is all in opinion. But the gist of it, I like.

Well, it would've worked better if they'd found someone who's actually scary and mean like Mean Joe Green was. Palamalu was the best they could do? He doesn't have anywhere near the same aura as Mean Joe did. Heck, I wasn't even around when Mean Joe played and he still gives that aura to me. I'm not saying Palamalu is a bad player, that would be stupid. But he just doesn't seem like the right kind of player to pull this off.

I suppose it depends on how they do it, but I really don't like them messing with it either way. It just suggests they don't have any new ideas. But, if they work it just right, it might be a good tribute.

I thing...

Watch the ALL NFL games live on your Pc with

same ole same old. Hollywood does nothing but redo old movies and release them ..... why not commercials as well ???

"Mean Troy" lol

Im looking forward to it