which is more popular japanese manga art or American comic art?

Which is more popular manga art from Japan like DBZ, Bleach, Gundam, Naruto,Etc. or American art like Spiderman, Batman, Superman, Justice league, Avengers,Etc.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think its roughly tied.

There are Western (comics) fans as much as there's Eastern (manga) fans.

There's none that has one more than the other. Its roughly the same.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

I like both comics and cartoons more than anime. Comics generally have better stories and the characters are generally likable rather than being complete assholes (there are exceptions of course, such as anything by Frank Miller). Cartoons on the other hand are simply better drawn, at least proper cartoons with storylines or that are just generally good. I would pit the best American animation (such as the DCAU, the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy) up against the best Japanese animation and fully expect the American to win out. Additionally, the cultural differences between America and Japan really make anime unenjoyable if you know anything about the culture it comes from. You start to see exactly what is meant by some of the things that happen, or worse you realize that they aren't kidding about some things that happen in say school-based shows. Honestly sometimes its just depressing. Plus American stuff doesn't generally have annoying characters who spend all their time brooding while other characters shill the skills we never see and claiming their such wonderful people. That's left to live-action TV here.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Today: it's Japanese anime/manga

• 1 decade ago

well,both are entertaining,and different, so choosing is difficult,manga do have more original material,and one story done by one person,and comics have many stories and alternative universes,all done by different artists and writers,so we are able to see different talent. Either way,they both have incredible artwork,and each infuence each other.I for one,prefer comics art,but enjoy the artwork of manga,thus both are great,and you can learn both stlyes and be part of two fanbases,which is awesome!

Source(s): fan and artist of comics and manga!
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Manga definitely, it has more variety as opposed to all the recycled american plots T-T

• 1 decade ago

no doubt japanese comics art

• 1 decade ago

eh i think Japanese comic is more popular

Source(s): Dattebayo!
  • 1 decade ago

definetly japanese anime.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.