Breaking Dawn: How come Kate's electric charge thing doesn't work on Bella?

Now I know that Bella's shield is purely a shield of her mind, like how she can stop Edward from reading her thoughts, and Alec and Jane's abilities don't work on her, and that Jasper and Alice can see her future and alter her emotions, because those are physical abilities. However, in Breaking Dawn,... show more Now I know that Bella's shield is purely a shield of her mind, like how she can stop Edward from reading her thoughts, and Alec and Jane's abilities don't work on her, and that Jasper and Alice can see her future and alter her emotions, because those are physical abilities. However, in Breaking Dawn, Kate (one of the Denali coven) has the power to create an electrical current over her body (well, her palms anyway). What I'm asking, as this ability does not have anything to do with the mind, how come Bella is immune to getting shocked by Kate?

Or is there something I'm missing, and the charge is a mind thing, like how Jane only creates the illusion of pain in people's head, she doesn't physically hurt them..