My daughter has pretty bad acne. She has tried numerous acne products as well as home remedies. Plz help.?

She is a very picky eater. She is 17, a vegetarian and she only drinks water. She eats mostly macaroni and cheese, french fires, pizza and sweets. Is there anything that she can try to help her skin clear up. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

I have one word for you

"Cetaphil"

This product is recommended by deretoligists, and is very helpful.

So before she goes to sleep Tell her to;

1. Wash her facewith water

2. Only 1 Pump of Cetaphil on her hand, and gently rub it in cirlces all over her face.

3. Wash it off with water

4. Dry it with a towel, but tell her to gently pat it to her skin, she may leave it a little damp

5. Then tell her to put on some "non-scented lotion" all around her face

And do the same routine you did here in the morning, and repeat it everyday and I guarentee you that her face will start to clear up, and look nicer, and brighter.

P.S. You can buy Cetaphil at any drugstore

Source(s): I do it everyday.
  • MUMNY

Her diet does not sound very good, but that is NOT the reason for her bad skin. It has been scientifically PROVEN THAT DIET DOES NOT EFFECT THE SKIN) Hormones,genetics, clogged pores and her oily skin are. Can you take her to the Dr. and let him evaluate her or you can try these cleansing tips for problem skin.

1. Wash face and affected areas with DOVE cleansing bar, 2x a day.

2. Use witch hazel after as light astringent

(Too much alcohol will dry out the skin and make the sebaceous/oil glands work overtime, believe it or not)

3.Drinking water is a good idea, let her continue that.

4.Try Clearasil Ultra Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream...my son had a problem with his skin and it really helped.

5. Make sure she does not try to pop her blemishes and keeps her hands off her face, too

It will take about a week(maybe less) before signs of improvement show, but they will. You are a good Mom trying help your daughter with her skin. Hope it works for her.

Source(s): NYC Professional make-up artist
  • Karon

Use toothpaste on the big blemishes - it dries them out. Dab it on before you go to bed and wash it off the next morning. Should be less red and inflamed in a few days. Tea tree oil stops bacteria spreading. Don't touch them - bacteria from your fingers thrives in an open sore. Pro-activ is expensive, but it you can find anything in your supermarket containing benzyl peroxide - that is the best thing for acne.

Assalamu'alaykum sister,

yeah the foods she is eating can be the problem. I've noticed that really greasy foods mess your face up pretty bad. Make her eat lots of veggies and fruits, vitamins. Have her keep her face dry at night no oils. Oily faces are good for acne. also the best thing is to go to the doctor they'll know what is good for her skin type. since we all have different skin. Yeah i hope you get the help you need inshallah.

yes actually there is, first she really really needs to cut back on pizza, fries, etc., water should be helping but putting greasy food in your body is just going to make more acne. I remember my best friend had a real acne problem, and in time there were disapearing, she said that she would boil a small pot of water and drench the a clean cloth in the water, spring it, and place it on her face repeatly, not to hot on her face, you dont want to burn. She would do this every nite. Of course there are other options, you can buy her Pro-Active. Well hope this helps!

Source(s): l

im not an expertt, but i use clean and clear persa gel. it comes in a little white tube. you can buy it anywhere and it dries up your skin and take away acne. it makes ur skin REALLY dry if you use a lot on, but its worth it. just get curel lotion bc those lotions are oil free so you can keep your skin less flaky with using it. it works for me. it doesn't take it ALL away yakno? but it keeps it under control and if you keep using it daily, it will really help and if you keep up with it, it can clear up your skin all the way.

but if her acne is like, to the extreme try seeing a doctor for pills that will help.

&&if you do try to use clean and clear, make sure you dont put it on in the morning, bc ..for example..if you use it for your back, and it gets on ur shirt, it will fade ur shirt and you dont want that to happen. i learned the hard way haha.

i also use neutrogena. [cant spell :P] and i use that to wash my face, adn then i put the clean and clear on afterwards before i go to bed. it works well for my skin

sry if that was too long, and i hope this help[=

goodluck

Salam, my father always used garlic when he was young but that does not smell very well. Proactive acutally helps and the doctor will probably give you the best thing. But I remember my sister had it bad all over her back and we had to put a prescription cream on her every day and then it went away. It really takes time and you need to make sure you use it as directed. She also used the sun but that can be dangerous now days.

Go to a skin doctor and get a prescription. My bf had acne covering his face chest and upper back. It was so bad he was in pain. The doc fixed him up and know it is nearly gone.

Yeah, she'll have to start eating healthier, for starters. Get rid of the fries and pizza. Both are high in fat and will contribute to acne. Or if she really can't stop eating fries, go for the McCains fries that you bake, and look for a variety that is low in fat. If she doesn't want acne, she will have to make that decision. At least she only drinks water. That's healthy.

Take her to a dermatologist. Over-the-counter medications are usually only made for one specific type of acne problem, and until you find out exactly what the problem is, you can't treat it.