what brand makes the best cookie dough? and what kind do you like best? i will also accept recipies...?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

This dough can also be used to make Thumbprint cookies. You will need a strong mixer – a KitchenAid helps, but you can always knead in the rest of the flour. The dough does not spread or distort – they can be baked fairly close together and can be shipped or transported without breaking.

1 cup (2 sticks) butter (do NOT use oleo or spread)

½ cup sugar

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla

3 cups sifted all purpose flour

½ tsp baking powder

Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy.

Add egg and vanilla extract.

Add flour and baking powder.

Mix until mixture clings together.

Gather into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate one hour.

Roll out between ¼ and 1/2 inch thick. Bake 5 to 6 minutes at 375F. Do not let the cookies brown.

Cool on wire rack before glazing or frosting.

Glaze: With a fork, mash together 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon powdered sugar until a fine paste. Add a few drops of milk. Continue adding powdered sugar and milk until desired consistency is achieved. Add 2 drops of almond or vanilla extract.

Yield: about 1 cup.

Dip the face of the cooled cookie into the glaze and sprinkle with colored sugar.

• Jane
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Nothing better than the recipe for choc chip cookies on the back of the Nestle Semi Sweet Choc Chip bag. Double the vanilla for extra goodness,

• 1 decade ago

Nestle TollHouse

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think a tie between nestle and pillsberry my favorite are soft sugar cookies.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Easy-Sugar-Cookies/De...

there is one way to make em'

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.