Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsRunning · 1 decade ago

Guilty, Guilty, Guilty!? Why do I feel so guilty!?

I'm not training for anything, just do running for fun, not even for exercise so why do I feel so guilty bc I didn't get out today for a run

Along with feeling lousy today it's been snowing all week and today--I've been out five days this week already

So DO you feel guilty when you don't work out??

didn't give a thumbdown (except to one obvious)!

Favorite Answer

LOL Canadian Snow Bunny, your such a character. You should run a marathon and tell me if you feel guilty not running for 4 days because of recovery :) If you do feel guilty after that, you will end up running your feet to a stump.

I haven't run this week at all either. It's been -20 or more pretty much all week and I've just felt really lousy. And yes, I feel guilty. That's why when I go running on Monday (If I'm going to take the week off, I might as well rest on Sunday too :p) I'm going to push myself extra hard. Guilt can end up being a great motivator!

Yes I do feel guilty right now! I went running today but I went so SLOW! Seriously, I felt really sick.! Anyway, I think runnning is simillar to an addiction. Yes, it is better to be addicted to running than to smoking or drinking, but it also can be a bad thing. You see, for me at least, all I think about is running. I think about running when I am at school, watching TV, even when I am sleeping! So, you are not the only one. Feeling guilty can get you to run but it also can screw up your brain. Try to run 5 times a week but don't run everyday! Then you won't be like me- addicted to running.

Source(s): I'm a runner.

Yes I do, I feel like I've gained like 20 pounds when I don't work out for a day, especially 2 XD Make sure you run tomorrow or else you'll beat yourself up even more.

Don't feel guilty. Get a good workout at the gym.

yeah i know what you mean. when I run, I listen to my iPod and get away from everything and everyone. It just clears your mind. If you feel bad about not running because of the weather, just run inside (in place) it might not be the best "trail" you were looking for, but you will feel like you accomplished something that day, even though you didn't go outside or something.

This is individual tendency. This happens when basically you are a very emotional and sensitive person and due to situations become even more sensitive. Actually this tendency is good as it gives a person tremendous creativity. But just ensure that it does not affect your comfort level.

No, your body needs at least one day a week to recover.a person can be as addicted to running as a person with an eating disorder can be to food or lack of.

dawgmeat...what an jerky answer.

Hey--

You probably subconsciously do run for exercise. It makes you feel good because it releases endorphins. You probably feel guilty because it was part of your schedule even if it was just for fun. Maybe you can go to a local health club or college/high school and use their indoor track. I'm a college runner and I have been doing that a lot in this weather. It is fun because when other people are running on the track too it gets kinda competitive.

probably, you are guilty of your life b/c you are not training for anything,, just run for fun is not life,in case you are resposible in you life. so you must live your own life.whatever fun has it,s time and when you win your life by hardworking that,s afun.if not you are guilty

Source(s): cycatriste ,pshyologues