Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationGambling · 1 decade ago

Do you have any tips on how to win on slot machines?

I am going to the casino AGAIN!!!

I play the slots and sometimes the tables.

Do you have any tips on how to make my money go farther or better yet to win???

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Contrary to popular beleif, ALMOST EVERY CASINO GAME is beatable to some degree in some manor without cheating.

The problem is, most valid methods of beating the games have some kind of security measure that makes it difficult or almost impossible.

However......

*Blackjack---beatable by counting cards

*Video poker----playing strategy on machines with certain payscales only

*craps---a contravercial topic known as "dice control"

*baccarrat---counting cards

*Roullette---detecting wheel bias

*poker---being signifigantly better than the other players

*slot machines----are you ready for this because im gogin to explain it for you?.......

Only slot machiens with progressive payouts are beatbel by the player, not so much beatble, but playable in a manor that they expect to win more money than they lose. Which is basically the same thing.

Every slot machine has a house advantage, the house advantage is a result of the sum of all payouts being less than the sum of all losses, for every possibly outcome of the machine. When a machine offers a progressive jackpot, the odds of that jackpot are fixed, however, the size of the jackpot is variable. There will come a size where, the sum of all payouts for the machine EXCEEDS the sum of all losses, and the player has an advantage.

By knowing.....1, the exhisting house advantage fo the slot machine and 2, the probibility of a progressive jackpot, you can calulate at what size the progressive jackpot must be to push the return percentage of the machine beyond 100%

If you go and ONLY play machines that have progressive ackpots high enough to do that, you will be expecting to win money.

I dont think anybody really does that though, but its a valid way to beat them. Your best bet is to play a game with better odds, like craps, blackjack or baccarrat

Source(s): Myself, professional Blackjack player

As already stated, the best way to not lose money on the slots is to not feed them. But you gotta take your chances and have a little fun right?

The slots are rigged to pay out a certain percentage and of course, the house is always on the winning end of that.

I'm not sure what type of slots you have in America but here in Australia, if you have a little win of say $5 then you get the chance to go 'double or nothing' on that win by choosing whether the next card is red (heart or diamond) or black (spade or club). This 'double or nothing' feature is actually the best odds you will get in the entire casino. The odds are 50/50, even though it doesnt seem like it at times. Other games like roulette where you choose red or black is actually not 50/50 odds because there are a couple green slots which tips the odds slightly in favour of the house.

Good luck Penny and bet with your head, not over it.

The casino has the advantage on all games, that's how they stay in business. The risk/reward factor comes into play at casinos. If you want to win big, you have to play big. Sure you can sit at a penny or nickel slot machine for hours and you'll get nothing, but entertainment. The casinos can entice you with a progressive jackpot, but many can be linked to a number of partnered casinos, which seems to lower your odds. In house progressive slot machines usually are much lower, but in either case, difficult to win and it's mostly random.

The advice I've seen in order to maximize your "chances" of winning is to play largest amount of money you can afford to lose. Quarter machines are often set in the low 90's, sometimes even into the high 80's, dollar machines are usually set around the mid-90's, some casinos even advertise as high as 98% payback.

As far as choosing a machine to play... you should do more research. Most machines should have about 90-95% payback, however, ones with bonus rounds can often pay less because the operators know you'll be spending less time pumping money during the bonus.

Hope that helps, Good Luck!!

Best tip for winning with a slot machine: Walk Away. Slot machines are as random as a computer can get. Unlike table games, which have odds that can be calculated and used by the player to make decisions, slots do not.

Well if you include poker machines there is a way. It may also apply to normal slots.

The secret is to play machines with a progressive jackpot where the jackpot is large enough to overcome the house edge.

Obviously this doesn't happen very often so you will have to search for such machines - and when they get much past the break-even point they get popular!

A few points to bear in mind: You will need to calculate what the break-even point is. This will depend on the payout structure but (LV) casinos sell cheap books that analyse such things and I guess most other casinos do as well.

You will also need to play a perfect strategy - the book will help. It will also ensure that even if you don't win you will at least minimise your loss.

You will also need to play for the jackpot - which is normally by playing for the maximum number of coins per spin.

Check for casino coupons - they might give some free plays on the slots.

Check for the frequent player bonuses and get yourself rated if you are going to play often.

Check whether food/drink is complimentary for players and eat/drink more than you lose.

Good luck.

• embrey

Lucky Duck Slots

I have never been in a casino in my life (unless you count the L.V. airport!), but regulators specify that the slots on average pay out a certain percentage. So casinos crank up the pay back on slots nears entries, main aisles, etc... and crank down the pay back on slots in dead ends, low traffic aisles, cubby holes, etc... because people prefer to play in those areas.

Plus, more people winning near entries and main aisles is a form of advertising.

Then again, there is a reason I never go to casinos, even though there are 5 within a half hour!

From watching the shows on the discovery channel about gambling, they say the higher amount slot machine you play the better the chance of a pay out.

When I go to vegas I usually play the 50 cent or $1.00 slots....I have always ended up in the black by playing those.....

Source(s): "Corduroy pillows are making headlines."

I have played in casinos for years (I don't cheat or try to cheat, there's no way anyhow)

...these machines are set programmed for you to win within the casino 15% to 20% of the time...The only trick in the book Is to look at the machine you are playing, Study how the (reels only) are lined up...everything on earth Is based on top to bottom left to right...Let me know how much you win now.....I have lost 15 times playing In 20 years (15% to 20%, Hello)...see that Is not even cheating , just honest know how and what to look for.....Even in Keno....Play honestly and according to how much you want to Invest...Mainly Respect the Casino and the Machines...Those machine are there for your enjoyment...

Stick to the penny machines if you can. I'm not a gambler anyway and only go for the meals and entertainment shows and that once in a blue moon.