PS3 Error Code 80710723 - What do I do?

Today I was trying to play my game Little Big Planet for the ps3, and it told me I had to update first. So I did. But every time it got to 6% it froze, and I got this error message:

An error occurred during the download operation. (80710723)

I've googled it and I haven't found anything helpful, and I'm wondering if anyone knows what I can do to fix this.

Thanks.

Favorite Answer

A PS3 Error 80710723 signifies a network/router error. Try going to SETTINGS > NETWORK SETTINGS > INERNET CONNECTION SETTINGS > (if wired, choose path 1. if wireless, choose path 2.)

1. WIRED CONNECTION > CUSTOM > MANUAL SETTINGS > AUTO DETECT > AUTOMATIC > DO NOT SET > MANUAL ( DNS1 : 208.67.222.222 , DNS2 : 208.67.220.220 ) > AUTO > DO NOT USE > ENABLE > X > X

2. WIRELESS > ENTER MANUALLY > ( ENTER SSID OR CONTINUE ) > ( CHOOSE SECURITY OR CONTINUE ) > CUSTOM > AUTO > DO NOT SET > MANUAL ( DNS1 : 208.67.222.222 , DNS2 : 208.67.220.220 ) > AUTO > DO NOT USE > ENABLE > X > X

That works for me. Hope I helped

• Alan Lare4 years agoReport

hello, I know this is a really old question but I've been having this error and literally nothing has helped, none of the fixes I've seen online have even come close to fixing it for me, not even the fix seen here, same error, around the same area of completion, 5 or 6%

• morken

Ps3 Error Codes

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

PS3 Error Code 80710723 - What do I do?

I've googled it and I haven't found anything...

Source(s): ps3 error code 80710723 do: https://shortly.im/woQZS
  • October 14th 2015

Cole M. Doesnt work.

Would of been a good idea to check Yahoo first before I restored my PS3 system with over 1.2 tb's of games. -.- This is correct, it works for me still.

Source(s): Personal Experience.

24 july cole m works 2015

This happened to me with every game but worst of all The Last of Us got 99% done then ERROR

After 6 years, Cole M.'s answer helps until now. WHAT A LIFE SAVER.

Tried it this day on Christmas Dec 25 2015 and it worked for me...that in combination with putting my console in the DMZ in my router settings

• Cervod4 years agoReport

did the cole m method work before you put your device into the DMZ

tHE BEST THING THAt you can do is to do wired connection during the update download for more stable and stronger connection. Just go back to wireless afterwards.

And don't use a PC or laptop on the internet while wiaitng to finish the download. There could be an IP conflict and it will kick out your PS3 from internet connection.

Source(s): This what I do everytime I need to download the updates coz I have the same problem most of the time.

Go to Internet browser

Push triangle

Go to tools

Delete cookies

Go back into toolbox and delete search history

Go back to tools and delete cache and it should work. It did for me on black ops 3

• edwardio4 years agoReport

sure i read your comment on the psn forum ?
      either way it bloody well works :-)