Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Michael Steele became the first African-American chairman of the Republican National Committee on Friday?

Are Republicans now picking Democrats to run the RNC?

Steele tried portraying himself as a Democrat in his Senatorial race in 2006, handing out a "Democratic Sample Ballot" that implied he was a party member and distributing signs that read, "Steele: Democrat."

http://centerblue.org/images/steele_sign.JPG

More facts were pointed out by Judd Legum, Hillary Clinton's former research director and now heavily entrenched in Maryland politics:

"Steele compared stem cell research to Nazi experiments during the Holocaust."

"Steele was endorsed by Mike Tyson during his run for Senate. When Tyson, who used to be married to Steele's half sister, pleaded no contest to assault in Montgomery County in 1998, Steele was on hand to support him."

"Steele defended former Gov. Bob Ehrlich's decision to hold a $100,000 fundraiser at a country club that did not allow non-white members, saying that the club's membership's policies were "not an issue" because "I don't play golf."

Finally, a reader points out that Steele failed in his only attempt to pass the Maryland Bar exam. "This is a joke," the reader wrote, "isn't it? Michael (can't pass bar exam) Steele, about to become RNC chairman?"

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/07/26/politics...

Favorite Answer

Yes. I proud of him but I think it's a gimmick. The GOP is trying to ride of Obama's coat tail or success. It won't work. He being use like Palin was. I guess Michael is suppose to attract the black vote. Check out your first answers. Nothing but a dog gone racist. Watch out Michael Steel. You're going to hear a lot of racial slurs from your own party. Sad! ><

As a democrat I am happy to see this pick. It is going to piss off the republicans I know who hate black people. He has not accomplished anything except in the typical republican way. He has got through but was a terrrible student (republican) but what has this done for them. Well, Bush was in for 8 & destroyed things so I can just imagine how Steele is going to destroy the party. I can not imagine why the republicans keeping making these kinds of decisions. They pick someone than act like the person is the greastest. This man is NOT intelligent. So the person who said this is probably one who also thinks Palin is intelligent & that she doesn't have an assistant to to all her work. I get bored with the republican drama. They will be all excited like they were with Palin & I can assure the dems. that this is a good move for dems.

OK, so what?

He's an African American. So what? Is that supposed to matter? He's a human being, a man, and not a color or a race.

Most republicans are pretty much against stem cell research.

Mike Tyson was and still is an idiot, and we must support the feeble minded.

Who cares whether the club doesn't accept non-whites. Aparently they were willing to change their tune once they found out they were stupid to have that policy. After all, Mr. Steele got in, huh? Even if it was not to golf.

There is no rule that says a politician must first be a lawyer.

Why do people have to pick on other people. Get over yourself, and stop your fussin!!

Michelle Obama is disbarred, so what is your point? Is it the fact that Republicans, will get behind Michael Steele, and not Obama? We will be supporting Michale Steele, until he gives us a reason not to. Obama won't be getting our SUPPORT, because he has given us thousands of reason not to.

Sounds like the republicans are saying: "I know a lot of black people. I even have friends who are black. They enter through my back door all the time."

Yes, it appears the right wants to (falsely) claim it, too, is a party of diversity, but the reality is most can see through this charade. Steele or not, the republicans turn up their noses at minorities. It's the all-white party with condi and steele simply tokens.

Yes, he did, and is it good to see Alan Keyes' Uncle Tom getting some notice. Kick it, Unc!

Edit to Bbb B: Are you kidding me? Show some intelligence. How the hell are Bushmen going to perform on Western based IQ tests? How were these people evaluated? What is the test testing for, ability to do college work at an Ivy League school?

Are you aware that Jewish populations are closer, genetically, to their European host populations then they are to Middle Easterners? What does IQ test, again?

Another great Republican token pick like Palin.

Race Differences in Intelligence: An Evolutionary Analysis is a 2006 book by Richard Lynn that represents the largest collection and review of the global cognitive ability data, by nine global regions, surveying 620 published studies from around the world, with a total of 813,778 tested individuals.

Racial IQ Results as follows:

Ashkenazi Jews average (107-115)

East Asians (105),

Europeans (99),

Inuit (91),

Southeast Asians and Amerindians (87 each),

Pacific Islanders (85),

Middle Easterners (84),

Black East and West Africans (67),

Black Australian Aborigines (62),

Bushmen and Pygmies (54),

He's just another uncle tom clown that the republicans put out front to make people of color believe that they are hip! But we all know how uptight the conservatives are and I would never want to associate with a bunch of racist hypocrites like the conservatives!