SM B asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicJazz · 1 decade ago

Are there any good websites for finding liner notes and musician listings track-by-track for jazz albums?

I came of age in the 70's and used to love reading the liner notes on albums; especially trying to figure out who the musicians were that I was listening to - Is that Francisco Centeno or Abraham Laboriel or Gary King on bass? Wow, that's Wilton Felder? I thought he just played sax for the Crusaders, didn't know he played bass too! Anyway, was wondering if there is a good site where as I recall certain albums and songs I can do some research and see who played on them?

What about a site to find out by musician which albums they played on as sidemen or backing musicians?

Favorite Answer

Go to your library's interlibrary loan, and look the different albums on through the search engine provided. Should give you the name of the album and all the people on it.