Can anyone recommend a good Physical Therapist in N.NJ that specializes in HERNIATED DISC cases?

Herniated L4 L5 trying to avoid risky surgery.

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Edelson, Todd A.

    DPT, MA, Dip MDT, Montclair Physical Therapy

    47 S Park Street

    Montclair, NJ 07042 Ph. (973) 744-9098

    Fax (973) 744-3799

    Werneke, Mark

    PT, Dip. MDT CentraState Medical Center

    901 West Main Street

    Freehold, NJ 07728 Ph. (732) 294-2700

    Fax (732) 294-2568

    These are some of the country's top expert physical therapists in treating mechanical back pain (this includes herniated discs). They have both obtained the diploma level crendentialing in mechanical diagnosis and therapy. Todd mentors other Dip. candidates and Mark is extensively involved in research regarding conservative care of low back pain. If your case cannot be helped conservatively, it will be known quite quickly.

    You can learn more about how these two practicioners practice by going to

    Source(s): I am a PT, cert. MDT
  • Lisa S
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

    I had one for my neck, but I am in your boat for the lower back.

    I don't want the surgery, but PT didn't do much.

    Good luck...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.