False "This site may harm your computer" tag?

I get "This site may harm your computer" for EVERY result that I get. Even link to Google.com have that tag under it.

Is it just me or do I have malware which plays weird jokes?

Best Answer

Im getting it too. My guess is that its just a bug. Hopefully it'll be worked out soon

It's a bug on Google's end, not ours. All we can do wait is patiently wait until they get the matter resolved.

For now, if you must use Google, just copy and paste the url on the the bottom of the link you want to use. Or just use another search engine.

I gotta tell you, it scared me too. But I relaxed once I realized this couldn't possibly be true. Every single site, minor or major, business or personal, is all malware? It would take a lot of organization and way more than one person to make that happen all at the same time.

I had it too and it lasted about 20 minutes. I signed into yahoo for mail, signed out, and when I went back to do Google search, it was gone. Until then, every site was coming up "this site may harm your computer" and when I clicked to open any of them it said "forbidden-something".

I think there was just something wrong with Google for a minute for a while there.

GOD I'm not the only one. I Belive that Google is just having a trip right now and the problem will probably be fixed VERY shortly as Google is one of the most searched websites on the internet.

Ok Update: 10:20 Google is up and running fine everyone enjoy! And if not just simply go to your tools and settings on your browser and delete all the cookies and Temporary Internet files. It's funny how much we all depend on Google we don't even realize it! Like I just type my website address in there all the time lol : )

It looks like a major problem with Google's anti-malware implementation.

I can't find any other chat about this on the net. Not even on Google news. I guess it's a case of "watch this space". And Try another search engine instead.

Yahoo / Ask / msn / altavista / hundreds more...

For now, if you simply can't live without Google, the click the link and copy and paste the url.

Hey! while typing Google have fixed it.

• omg i just searched this up thank GOD I'm not the only one. I Belive that Google is just having a trip right now and the problem will probably be fixed VERY shortly as Google is one of the most searched websites on the internet.

I get the same problem using Chrome. What's worse, the ads don't get the "may do harm tag." For example, I searched for backcountry and the link in the search results was tagged, but the ad Google placed did not. That is just dirty.

What happened to "Don't be evil" ?

or now, if you must use Google, just copy and paste the url on the the bottom of the link you want to use. Or just use another search engine.

even Google sites are getting this warning. Problem is, even when it says "you can continue" there is no button to continue or anything else that will direct you to the site other than copying and pasting. Even that has brought frustration because most of the links don't work.

Sorry Google, Yahoo is my Search favorite for now.

Same problem here.

Either some very fast spreading malware has spread like wildfire infecting every webserver on the internet (highly unlikely) or Google is reporting false positives.

I'm using KIS 2009 (Kaspersky Internet Security) and it's returned nothing so far.

I hope the problem's fixed soon, it's a bit unnerving.

My computer is doing this also. If you type Google in your URL bar and go to google, you can type in your search description and hit "google Search" and everything comes up fine without the "this site can harm your computer" messages. Hope that helps until Google fixes the problem.