Is it safe and legal to buy generic Finasteride online without a prescription?

I'm considering getting a hair loss drug, but Propecia and Proscar require a prescription and can be quite expensive in local pharmacies. I've been hoping of getting a generic version of the drug, Finasteride, online and without a prescription. Now, I hear that it's generally illegal and unsafe to... show more I'm considering getting a hair loss drug, but Propecia and Proscar require a prescription and can be quite expensive in local pharmacies. I've been hoping of getting a generic version of the drug, Finasteride, online and without a prescription.

Now, I hear that it's generally illegal and unsafe to get prescription drugs without a prescription...but what about generic Finasteride? I've already seen it being sold on various sites that look legit. Considering it's a drug that's used just for hair loss and nothing narcotic, I don't see much harm in it.

If it's kosher, then what's the most trusted site I can buy it from?
Update: Susan: Proscar is the same drug as Propecia, only it's a higher dose (5mg instead of 1mg). Enlarged prostate and hair loss are caused by the same hormone (DHT).