Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareAdd-ons · 1 decade ago

will adding ram make my comp faster?

i'm adding 256mb of ram to a comp with 256mb of ram and 1.7 gigahertz processor.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Just so you know, adding RAM doesn't make your computer faster in some instances. Look, if you have 1GB RAM and your computer only uses 1/2 of that (on average), what is adding RAM going to do? I'll tell you, it wastes money. The best that it'll do is stimulate the economy. If you want to speed up your computer,

1. "deleting temporary and unneeded files",

2. and you should come up with something good. Also, use Disk Defragmenter and Disk Cleanup. If you think it'll slow your computer down more while you do it, yes, it does. But fear not, you should do it in the middle of the night. Start Disk Defrag, Virus Scan, and Disk Cleanup before you go to bed, and when you wake up, it should be done and almost always faster! Just remember, don't defrag every day. It can make things worse. Once a week or bimonthly is fine. Happy Computing!

3.Some Cleaner can help you do this all.

See the reviews from:

Use the tool: http://downloadlk.com/themosteffectiveregistryclea...

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

256mb of ram is pretty bad these days. I'd say you should add 2gigs of ram. (Ram is cheap) But with that processor you will still have limits, maybe it's time to buy a new computer?

• 4 years ago

Right on My Computer Go to Properties Click on the Advanced tab from the dialog box that has appeared Then under Performance Section, click Settings Click on Adjust for best performance As usual Click OK and OK. But the appearance... will change.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It should make it faster since 256MBs of RAM is practically bare-minumum to run XP.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

addition 1 GB ram will be more effective than just 256 mb..!

• 1 decade ago

yup. it'll absolutely be faster.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it will

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.