I'm thinking of converting to Islam, and I've got MORE ?s'?

These are mainly just issues that I have with Religion in general. Since everybody was so AMAZINLGY helpful last time; I thought Id' see what I could get with these. Backstory + complaints against Christianity: When I was young, like 14-15, I was a christian; Later, I wanted to be a minister, a pastor. So, I... show more These are mainly just issues that I have with Religion in general. Since everybody was so AMAZINLGY helpful last time; I thought Id' see what I could get with these.
Backstory + complaints against Christianity:
When I was young, like 14-15, I was a christian; Later, I wanted to be a minister, a pastor. So, I researched and I discovered a lot that I hadn't been told. Back when I was 16 or 17 I abandoned my christian faith. I simply couldn't bring myself to believe in their Triune concept of god [father, son (aka, jesus), and the holy spirit]. I consider it irrational, and even the divine can only be rational. It wasn't only that though; from what I learned, and I'm sure any reputible pastor would agree. The 'bible' as we know it isn't continous, its' actually written in several different languages, and by different people; that is to say, different people wrote the SAME book. The New testemant is nearly all a forgery. The Pauline letters, nearly 2/3rds of them weren't written by Paul (who I am sure was a good man, would of made a good stoic, and a better Muslim). The ONLY reason there are 4 gosples is b/c at the council of Nicea; they were the ones voted to be put in the New Testemant. The book of revelation only made it in by 1 vote; (one can only imagine how many lives could have been saved had that abomination not been entered.) The other gospels, known as the Gnostic Gosples, and there are about 20, were mostly written earlier that those in the bible. As for the other 4, Mark; (itself a plagerized book, probably from a collection of recorded sayings of jesus known as the Q gosple), was plagerized, extesively, for Luke and Matthew; the ressurection story, in all likelyhood, didn't occour. Nor did the nativity story. and as for John, its by far the worst of them all! It was more likely than not the creation of a Bishop in the 2nd-3rd centuries; it wasn't around at all until he wrote it down. Even if these 4 gospels are 'true', they all give different accounts of what Jesus is. None of them agree. How is anyone supposed to make a rational decesion based upon a source that dosn't even agree with itself? Thats like taking instructions from a schizophrenic, no offense to the mentally disabled. ;) The point is that Noone, if they are factually educated and informed, can seriously consider the Bible, in particular the new testament, to be a serious basis upon which to make a decesion; much less as a 'guide for ones life'! Anyway; not to sound hostile, I'm not, but I am a little perturbed that the things that I was lead to believe are true all my life; were based upon things which are not and cannot be verified, ever. Anyway this was the thought process that lead my...

Begginings of interest in Islam:
Two years ago I began learning about Islam, mainly by Wikipedia and by reading the Quran. Unlike the new testament it is highly unlikely to be corrupted or edited. Its amazingly well written, although I'll admit, its not in chronological order, so its' a little confusing; but, truely, it is beautiful. Especially when its recited, in singing form, in Arabic, truely a delight!. I've decided that if I ever should become comfortable with the concept of god/Allah (pbuh); and I'm not sure I'm there yet. Then Islam would be the only logical response to worshiping god/allah. Because Islam pretains to worship a god that is in line with human reason; that is to say One and only One god. No others; just Only that which is to be worshiped.

Reversion:
I'm not sure if I'll convert yet, my father, who doesn't like me wanting to convert to Islam at all, and doesn't like me being an Atheist either!, asked me to wait until I'm 25. I think that's perfectly reasonable. If I follow my fathers request, and obeying ones parents will is congruent with the will of Islam, and my father would not actively prevent me from accepting Islam; Then, certinly, a rational person would agree that by doing so I am already following Islam.

Questions:
There aren't a lot of muslims where I live. Finding a mosque would be difficult, I think the closest one is 4 hours away. So its hard for me to learn about Islam, from the perspective from one who is a Muslim. I have a few more questions"

1: I know that their are no denominations within Islam; but their are sects, and I think I'm spelling these right, What is the Shia sect?, What is the Sunni sect?, What about the Wahabbis of Saudi Arabia?, The Suffis? Is there a liberal sect of Islam?

2: One thing I've never understood is the concept of hell, at all, The Quran is full of references to it, not necessarily a bad thing, but I simply can't bring myself to believe in it. How could an all loving and all powerful god stand to see his creations suffer for eternity? And for what, beliefs? Aren't personal acions in life more imporntant than that? I know that religion is imporntant to a lot of people, but to god, is it really that imporntant?
It just seems to me that a god that watches those he
Update: he loves suffer eternat tortoure, for no appaent reason other than they had the wrong parents, or were born in the wrong place, or choosing to worship something else even though they thought that they were worshiping god with all of their hearts; it seems like to watch and condemn them to that would be like a... show more he loves suffer eternat tortoure, for no appaent reason other than they had the wrong parents, or were born in the wrong place, or choosing to worship something else even though they thought that they were worshiping god with all of their hearts; it seems like to watch and condemn them to that would be like a mother watching her child walk off a cliff, and do nothing. Can a child be held guilty for that? Can a person, really? When they thought and were told that they were doing the right thing?

3: Why have hell be painful at all? Whats the point? If they screwed up, then why should they suffer forever anyway? To bad, thats it? How about To bad, try again. That, to me, sounds more just.

4: This is actually a little embarrasing, but, since we don't know each other: I'm a man, and men have needs. Uh, what are Islams view on pornography?
5: For that matter, what are Islams views on homosexuality?
6: In the beggining of this post, I sort of butchered the new testement, mainly b/c t
Update 2: But wait theirs more! mainly b/c thats what I really think of it, after researching it. I know that Islam consideres Jesus to be a prophet, this is fine, mabye he was; but its tough to know anything about him. Dose Islam require belief in the story of jesus as told in the new testiment? 7: Is a belief in a... show more But wait theirs more!
mainly b/c thats what I really think of it, after researching it. I know that Islam consideres Jesus to be a prophet, this is fine, mabye he was; but its tough to know anything about him. Dose Islam require belief in the story of jesus as told in the new testiment?
7: Is a belief in a ressurection of the physical body on the day of judgement required? Could it be that this is an allusion to a more spiritual time of judgement?
I know,some of these questions seem a little more combatitive than the last ones; but I'm just trying to find the answers, and, well, damn it, there aren't any muslims/mosqus around here. For me, beyond my own insights and what I've learned from those websites, this is pretty much it.