Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Whatever happen to common sense?

I just read in a magazine that "research" has found that "being wired for sound could damage your hearing"

DUH! - I mean... do we really need to spend millions of dollars on research to tell us that listening to loud music so close to our ears (iPods, MP3 players, walkman etc) will damage our hearing?

I could have told them that for a tenth of the research money!

• Best Answer

the lawyers bought it all with all the people they sued.

as an example (UK) on the label on one brand of fresh milk "may contain dairy products"

and i thought milk came from HENS.

so it is true cows don't lay eggs

the world is PC (PLAIN CRAZY) i bet you thought PC meant politically correct

have a nice day (hope it is ok to say that~would hate the bad days to take umbrage)

Don't know about that but I think common sense has long since flown the coop everywhere. In the instance you give, I don't think it has anything to do with common sense. It's more trying to protect people. I live in New York State. You are now asked for your birthday or picture ID at the check out counter at grocery stores if you purchase beer, wine coolers, cigarettes and believe it not, some cough and cold remedies as some idiots are killing themselve smelling the stuff. I bought a single beer one day and my 19 year old son was with me. He needed proof also. I told them to forget about it as he didn't have anything on him. I guess lots of adults buy for their kids. If the kids would use common sense, hey I guess you are right, then these types of laws would not have to be put into place. They ruin it for others. Crazy laws that we brought on ourselves by being crazy.

Common sense has flown out the window. It has left the building. I learned that from the first concert (The Doors) I went to. Now as I age the ringing in my ears is almost unbearable. You know our mothers were right, remember when they said "TURN that down or you will go deaf."

i reckon they figured that out without using much money at all. But instead spent the rest of that on some super secret project >.>

Conspiracy is afoot...

Source(s): aliens...

Common sense has been replaced by Nintendo.

i am sitting here reading the most banal questions, and was thinking the same thing, where is the common sense, it must be because its friday night.

common sense is history, i bought a microwave and it literally said: WARNING: do not attempt to dry off your pets in this microwave. i cried a tear for humanity that day....

I could of told them for free

the smart mouths deleted from there brians

common sense has never been common- major misnomer