Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

my credit score is 581 the underwriters have my file for fha loan do i have any thing to worry about?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

FHA lenders have more flexibility than other lenders in regard to your credit score, but 581 is quite low. You have a much better chance with an FHA lender, but I'm not sure you are going to squeak by, even with an FHA loan.

How will you manage your house payments if you have had credit problems before? Has your financial situation changed dramatically, so that you will be able to keep up with your mortgage payments?

If not, then maybe you should wait until you have a better grasp on your finances.

Source(s): I have worked in the financial industry for over 30 years.
  • 1 decade ago

Your chances are poor to very, very poor. Lenders want 700 and up, maybe 680 if you have at least 20% down plus all of your closing costs. And your interest rate on any score below 720 is going to be higher than you expect.

• John T
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

581 isn't the best of credit ratings. Many lenders want a 720.

You'll pay a higher interest rate than you might expect.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I read on the FHA guidelines you have to have a 620 to meet there qualifications

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

extremely unlikely you will get approve

650 is about as low as you can go

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.