How much does a person generally clean out their apartment when they move?

I have to be moved out of my apartment tonight. I'm getting there, but it's honestly just a pain and I want to speed up the process. I was planning on thoroughly cleaning everything (vacuuming, etc). But I was wondering if that's even necessary. I paid a cleaning deposit when I moved in; I'm pretty... show more I have to be moved out of my apartment tonight. I'm getting there, but it's honestly just a pain and I want to speed up the process. I was planning on thoroughly cleaning everything (vacuuming, etc). But I was wondering if that's even necessary. I paid a cleaning deposit when I moved in; I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get that back anyway.. (I've been here for a year and a half, it's going to look more used than when I first got it). It would be great if I could get it partially back, but at this point I've just gotten used to living without that money. Now I guess I'm just really curious as to what other residents do when they move. Do you make it spotless? Do you leave stuff in the building that you don't want anymore, knowing that management will take care of it? How clean do you generally leave the place?

And any landlords on here, what do you typically see/expect when a resident moves out?

Thanks!