Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Do you have to be close to being arrested for tax evasion to be considered for Obama's cabinet?

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – President Barack Obama's choice to spearhead U.S. health care reform, Tom Daschle, paid more than $100,000 in back taxes for a three-year period, setting up a potential roadblock to his nomination.

White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said on Friday that Daschle, a former Senate majority leader, had filed amended tax returns to the Internal Revenue Service and made payments with interest.

A Senate Finance Committee report showed Daschle paid $128,203 in back taxes and $11,964 in interest for 2005 to 2007, to cover income for consulting, the use of a car service and lower deductions for charitable contributions

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090131/pl_nm/us_obama...

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Ynot!
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

With democrats all you have to do is say oops I am sorry and all is forgiven I use to belong to this party at one time in my life, but over the last 30 years all moral standards have just disappeared.

• 1 decade ago

= )

No, but it seems to help. You see, on the one hand you have a group of people who like to call others by that deadly word...hypocrite. Say you have certain moral values, but then fail to live up to the ideal, and kiss goodbye to your credibility.

BUT! Never ever speak of any values whatsoever, and if you happen to commit a wrong...well, at least you didn't break any specific morals you had professed.

• 1 decade ago

It's like giving your checkbook to a bunch of felons.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I know it sure does seem that way.....everyone seems to have skeletons in the closet and the bones are starting to fly

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • davec
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

You just have to say, "I'm really sorry about that".

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.