Should a child sleep on a firm or soft mattress?

Need to buy a twin bed for my toddler....wondering if I should get a firm mattress or a softer one?

Favorite Answer

For a toddler, a firm mattress is best to minimize suffocation risks.

As they get out of toddler age it would be fine to get a softer mattress. I think we purchased new softer mattresses when my kids were about 4.

Best Mattress For A Child

If you're buying a toddler bed, the mattress from HER crib is the one you should use, and it will fit in the toddler bed. Then with the new stink pot that's on the way, but a new mattress for it to use when the time comes for their toddler bed.

You know G- sleeps well on her mattress now, why fix what ain't broken!

You should buy a firmer mattress. There is a suffocation risk with softer mattresses. A soft mattress should not be used until the child is much older.

• Johan

Studies show that 95% of children aged 1-5 grow up to be more successful adults if they sleep on a firm mattress.

No, I'm kidding, it really doesn't matter.

A firm Spring Mattress. New not second hand (not that Im saying you would)

children should sleep on a firm mattress

Firm for a young child.

my son has a firmer mattress but he doesn't like it. so when we get some extra money, we're going to be getting a new softer mattress for him.

• Dianne

Now this is just my opinion of course but I would never ever let my one year old have a pillow. I waited till my daughter was damn near 4 before I gave in. Pillows are not safe in my eyes till a kid is old enough to move it or notice it is over head or if laying face down into pillow. Sorry not trying to scare anyone and I am sorry if that happens but I am scared **** less of pillows and children of small young ages.