Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)FIFA World Cup (TM) · 1 decade ago

How many people think that Italy are going to win...?

2010 World Cup? Did you think they were lucky with the penalties in '06 or they deserved it?

Wohoo Valencianista you are so right...all eyes should be on Espana ;)

Okay...come on people don't start fights..I just asked a decent question.

Woooh...well it doesn't seem like your discussing it seems like your arguing which leads to fighting.

Totally agree with you Julio

and as for you Bella you have every right to defend your team just as Valencianista so why don't you two just wait until 2010 and we will see whose right and whose wrong :)

Favorite Answer

not with Spain, Brazil and Argentina's growing talent..

i think all eyes should be on Spain, they tasted a part of glory and victory and now they want the big one ;)

Bella: Italy has talent but it's about time Lippi starts choosing them if he needs them to get used to playing for the national team, plus, Italy's talent cannot be compared to that of Spain, Brazil and Argentina.

the only good talents for Italy right now are Giuseppe Rossi, Aquilani and Chiellini.

Bella: opinion is different than facts, i'm not starting any kind of "i hate italy" arguement, but it's the way things are, Italy's strength is in their veterans, they wouldn't make it anywhere if it was their youth, WC 06 is a perfect example. In the Euro alot of italy fans had the excuse of why italy lost to Spain is because Pirlo was suspended, Aquilani is good but people were still not convinced, i mean if Xavi was suspended i know there's Fabregas or Silva to cover for him, it's the depth of the squad that counts.

Bella: how many people said the Euro is for Italy to win? it's at least 60%, Italy's team is aging, they do have a few talents but they're not competitive enough to be in the Euro and WC.

Bojan Krkic became 18 not months ago and he was in the provisional squad of the Euro, it was he who decided not to go, Aragones then chose Sergio Garcia to go instead.

Spain have Fabregas, Silva, Mata, Sergio Ramos, Albiol, Capel, Fernando Llorente, Torres...Brazil have Diego, Anderson, Diego, Thiago Silva, Rafinha, Marcelo, Pato...Argentina: Messi, Aguero, Di Maria, Lavezzi, Gago, Mascherano, Banega, Zabaleta...and those aren't all of them, my point is those teams have alot of greater talents than Italy does, and with the aging players of the italian NT italy will be without their veteran strength.

and btw in the WC, how was italy able to win? first of all i do not want to make a 3 year history into a fight but Australia and Ukraine aren't really competitive teams, yet italy had a hard time against Australia and had to dive for a last minute penalty, ok everyone dives but imagine if italy had to face Spain, Brazil and Portugal, which were France's opponents in the WC from the QF to the semis, would italy have even made the final? i really doubt it.

edit: and we're not fighting, we're discussing

ok my dear you need to relax, i wont be saying BS and being bias if i said Holland were training against them in the Euro, almost lost to Romania and only managed to beat a weak France in the Euro.

Portugal lost to France but it was an equal match, France did not score an offside goal against Brazil, how is this offside? http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=DtDVb_joFZA

and Spain then wasn't the Spain now yes for sure, but still it wasn't an easy match. if suffering against australia was a problem imagine Spain, Brazil or Portugal, that's my point.

and yes i'm not judging you for defending your team but you have to admit that other teams are better than italy, whether they were good years ago doesn't matter, taking into account starting 2008 until now italy were certainly not among the top 3 best.

and no i would i agree with you, Spain were inconsistent before the summer of 2007, but after that they haven't lost since, i bring up Italy in the WC to show you that their strength, although against weaker teams, was from their experienced players, they don't have good enough youth players to go into the WC, same with the Euro

AGAIN EVERYONE, I AM NOT FIGHTING, I AM DISCUSSING, THERE'S A DIFFERENCE, please don't get it wrong :)

i think you're being bias there, Spain wins 1 Euro and the fans are going crazy, yes, their euro form began a year before the Euro and remains until now, why? growing talent, Italy won the WC and their fans went crazy, but their form didn't continue, did they do well in the Euro? no! why? lower talent, more aging players, that was what i tried to explain but you over-react. defend your team all you want it's your right, but you cannot convince everyone that Italy has better players NOW than any of Spain, Brazil or Argentina. simple, but you made it a bigger story. have a good night :)

• blouir

Italy can conveniently win the sector cup. Germany has by no means overwhelmed Italy in a essential match and brazil have by no means overwhelmed Italy on ecu soil. Also the final time Italy gained the World Cup was once in 1982, and in that point their was once additionally an italian scandal happening!!

valencianista, you're ruling italy out but what about their growing talent too?. It's not as if Lippi's gonna field the exact same squad as they had in 2008, they have loads of young talent too.

yes, alot of italys talent comes from their more experienced members, and many WILL still be in the 2010 squad along with the younger talents. You're acting as if lippi's gonna field a bunch of inexperienced kids that won't know what they're doing, that's certainly not going to be the case, especially not with Lippi. And Italy did not lose that match just cuz they were lacking pirlo, alot more went wrong for them than that. Italy does have depth, however, pirlo is a particularly harder player to replace when it comes to what he does for italy. And i dont think u can draw a proper conclusion for Aquilani from one match. Im not trying to start an argument with u here and i never said italy was better than spain, brazil, or argentina, but i think you're being unfair by ruling them out so early. People always think certain teams are gonna come out on top but it could end up being the opposite when push comes to shove and it's not always the teams that are supposedly more talented that are able to stick it out til the end. As i said we will just see what happens

Valencianista...1st of all portugal? they choke in international matches, brazil? u mean the same brazil that france had to beat with an arguably offside goal? and the spain in 2006 was NOT the spain in 2008. Sorry but thats a weak argument. France was very shakey, atleast italy was consistant and had no goals conceded not to mention they had to beat out a strong germany squad on their own turf all in the middle of a crisis that was going on italy. I'm not trying to put anyone down here but italy is my team and i will defend them and it bugs me when people do not give credit where it's due. Let's just put this to rest now. I hope you are pleasantly surprised with italys squad come the 2010 world cup because i honestly think you're shutting them out too soon

alright Valencianista- I've erased some of my other comments cuz i dont want us to flood this forum....... the real issue here is not that u have an opinion about their squad, its that you're ruling them out already and apparently you've made half-*** judgements already without even really knowing their talent or upcoming talent, only their coach can make those judgements right now. I wont bother responding anymore but i think you're being really unfair and it's almost verging on conceite. Wanna know why? I dont care how good i think italy is, i would NEVER rule out another team, not even for a second, even if i thought they were weak as hell and here u are ruling out italy over a year before the world cup has even started. Wow, spain wins one euro and the fans heads just blow up dont they? have a good night

LOL.... well they weren't lucky because of the penalties, they were ''lucky'' that the refs were on their side trough the whole tournament..... Netherlands will be much better prepared than they were at Euros and with their young and very very talented squad they will be a team to watch, especially now when most of their best players are playing together every day in Real Madrid, their only problem is defence, they need another Stam :)...... Argentina, France (with new coach), Brazil, Spain and even England have a better chance to win it than Italy!!!!

With our talented coach Lippi and formica atomica Giovinco ,we definitely will win World Cup 2010.

• No cause I think this era would most likely belong to Spain for they are improving in almost every sport I didn't knew they would make the U.S break a sweat in basketball so thats why I'm saying all eyes on Spain.

Source(s): Spain and Australia are becoming impressive.

Absolutely, we got it locked up. We deserved it in 06 because during that shootout, both goalkeepers were doing terribly, so it went down to who was going to have the crappy shot first. David Trezeguet stepped up, and the rest is history.

How many people said italy was going 2 win euro 08?

I am an Italy fan for shure but I don't think they'll win I think there are too many good players out there. I Cant wait until 2012 that's when Ukraine hosts the FIFA World Cup.

Right ON, Valencianista, España tiene LO Macho para Ganar en el Proximo Año.