I finally got my "Barack is a Citizen" form letter from Congress. Does this end the Birth Cert. issue for you?

Dear Ms. [my name here]: Thank you for writing regarding President Barack Obama's qualifications to be President. I appreciate hearing from you and I apologize for the delay in my response. Article II, Section 1 of the U.S. Constitution specifies the qualifications for this executive office. It states... show more Dear Ms. [my name here]:

Thank you for writing regarding President Barack Obama's qualifications to be President. I appreciate hearing from you and I apologize for the delay in my response.

Article II, Section 1 of the U.S. Constitution specifies the qualifications for this executive office. It states that no person except for a natural born American citizen is eligible to run for President of the United States. Also, the candidate must be at least thirty-five years of age and have resided in the United States for at least fourteen years.

President Obama meets these constitutional requirements. He was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, on August 4, 1961. According to the Fourteenth Amendment, all persons born in the United States are considered citizens of the United States. Under these criteria, President Obama, a 47-year old U.S. citizen, who has resided in the United States for longer than fourteen years, is eligible to be President.

Once again, thank you for writing. If you have any further questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact my Washington, D.C. staff at (202) 224-3841.

Sincerely yours,
Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator
Update: A friend of mine from Illinois and I wrote the same letter automatically addressed to our respective Senators last September...Hers was addressed to "Senator Barack Obama"...she said, "I may have just put myself on a hit list, knowing this state". :)
Update 2: It is a nice letter...months late...and I would only make one change: "sorry I was so late in getting back to you, but I had to wait until he was safely elected and inaugurated." :)
Update 3: I not only wrote them, but I started a petition and when it was filled with online signatures, I sent it to the Supreme Court (all of the Judges), then-VP Cheney, Department of Justice, DNC (even though I named them as co-conspirators), Campaign Finance Committee, and then-President Bush. I think putting the cc... show more I not only wrote them, but I started a petition and when it was filled with online signatures, I sent it to the Supreme Court (all of the Judges), then-VP Cheney, Department of Justice, DNC (even though I named them as co-conspirators), Campaign Finance Committee, and then-President Bush.

I think putting the cc to Greta, O'Reilly, Hannity and Fox&Friends may have been a little over the top. I don't expect a response because it was a petition and those are not treated as correspondence. Though...I will keep you posted.
Update 4: And no, they did not send me a copy of the certificate since I can go to Kinkos and make up one of my own.
Update 5: Ducky...here is a YA that cites good links and good summarized comments.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...
Update 6: And, they did question McCain's birthplace...which is what prompted the search into Obama's...that may be why he changed his mind about taking public financing...you have to submit your birth cert. to the Finance Committee to get public funds. McCain submitted his birth certificate. McCain was born at a US... show more And, they did question McCain's birthplace...which is what prompted the search into Obama's...that may be why he changed his mind about taking public financing...you have to submit your birth cert. to the Finance Committee to get public funds. McCain submitted his birth certificate. McCain was born at a US military base, just as George Bush was. That is never considered to be an "overseas" birth, since the parents are on a mission for the US Government. Here is the link. Good question, though. http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=492...
Update 7: The above comment was for "Speedy". Andrea...that is really funny! And don't you think it was funny that my friend's letter to her senator in IL went to Obama himself (our letters were automatically addressed to the appropriate senators by our zip codes...she was psyched...until it came up... show more The above comment was for "Speedy".
Andrea...that is really funny! And don't you think it was funny that my friend's letter to her senator in IL went to Obama himself (our letters were automatically addressed to the appropriate senators by our zip codes...she was psyched...until it came up addressed to Senator Barack Obama). Wonder what her response will say, "Because my mother told me and I remember"...it will probably say, "Where do you live? I'd like to have someone explain this to you in person" :o