My cousin had her baby today is the baby going to be okay?

Okay my cousin who drank and smoked through a good portion of her pregnancy. (I don't think she drank in the last 3 months but she smoked up until delivery) They induced early yesterday morning and the baby was born just after 6 this morning. Had her little girl this morning. She is 7 pounds 2... show more Okay my cousin who drank and smoked through a good portion of her pregnancy. (I don't think she drank in the last 3 months but she smoked up until delivery)

They induced early yesterday morning and the baby was born just after 6 this morning.

Had her little girl this morning. She is 7 pounds 2 ounces.

(she was actually expected to have a low birthweight......and my cousin barely gained any weight during pregnancy....she definately didn't look 9 months along she wasn't even 100 pounds when she got pregnant)

She seems okay my grandmother said.

The thing is my best friend has a baby with FAS (fetal alcohol syndrome) and she drank heavily during the first month and a half of her pregnancy but quit drinking after she found out she was pregnant. The baby has health problems and neurological problems.

My question is is my cousins little girl in the clear or is there still a chance she will have problems.

My cousin is 19 she wanted to get pregnant and she did and her boyfriend then left her and well she isn't the most mature person (She thought a baby would keep them together) and last time I saw her she said she can't wait to get the baby out of her so she can get back to her life.

I don't think she fully understands what she has gotten herself into.

But I'm more afraid if this baby is okay she will get pregnant and again and do the same things she was during this pregnancy because her baby is fine and everyone else was wrong.

I know she needs to grow up a bit.

I'm just praying this baby is okay. And I'm praying my cousin grows up a bit.

Do you think the baby is okay?

I personally don't drink or smoke so I don't understand how you could do that while your pregnant......but its not my place to judge

I don't know what the doctors have said. I just know what relatives have said who have seen her and they said she seems fine
Update: Also is there a better section for this question?
Update 2: I wanted to add I'm not like the two people I'm talking about: i don't hang out with either. My best friend I referred to is my childhood best friend that I speak to maybe once every six months and my cousin is 4 years younger than me and we don't see eye to eye...... I'm a church goer I... show more I wanted to add I'm not like the two people I'm talking about:

i don't hang out with either. My best friend I referred to is my childhood best friend that I speak to maybe once every six months and my cousin is 4 years younger than me and we don't see eye to eye......

I'm a church goer I don't drink, smoke, or Party.

(The friend I was talking about I think it was the first month and a half but then again that is what I was told.....though I thought she didn't find out she was pregnant until almost 3 months)