People of the United States?

Do you care whether we have a Socialist Government, or Democracy?

My question did not say that we are a Democracy. And Socialist do not allow the people to have elections. They have no choice. Also you can do some research on the beginnings of the Democrat Party, you should find that the founders were Socialist. And have been increasing to that end. That's why they govern the way they do. Create Gov. Programs.

I have lived in Socialist also. I will take United States any time.

And Airey needs to read carefully. Before making assumptions.

Favorite Answer

your question alone makes me believe even stronger that taking and passing a US Government class should be a requirement for all High School students in order to graduate.

We are not nor have we ever been a democracy. We're a republic.

--we pledge allegiance "to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic" -- not to the democracy, but to the Republic -- "for which it stands."

---Article IV Section 4 of the Constitution states: "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion .

--a republic is a government in which the sovereign power is in the hands of the people, but is exercised through officials whom they elect

--when a lady approached Benjamin Franklin at the conclusion of the convention's proceedings on September 17, 1787, she said, "Dr. Franklin, what form of government have you given us?" His answer was, "A republic, Madam, if you can keep it."

Edit:

Don't ask questions that concern types of government (because a Socialist government is a type and a Democracy IS a different type of government than a Republic. despite how you try to use it.) without expecting to be correcting on what type we are...

also... the Democratic Party had its roots back in the time of Thomas Jefferson and at that time was the Democratic-Republic party in opposition of the Federalists. Difference between the two? Federalists favored a strong government controled by the Elite and the Democratic-Republican's favored a dispersing the power more evenly among the land holders. the Democratic party as a party distinct from the Democratic-Republic party began around Andrew Jackson- and the other party that developed from the Democratic-Republic party was the Whigs which Adam's was a member of. When the Democratic Party was first formed it was based on Liberalism NOT Socialist government... since that time there may have been socialist points drawn in but the party was not formed by Socialists.

United States, due to the fact that I are living in England, and its as an alternative miserable. One day i would love to are living in America, or Australia. California might be cool sufficient for me, i would are living within regardless that due to the fact that my peers say its rather scorching there. Its like i have been dwelling right here too lengthy, and i am unwell of seeing the identical historical crap.

Our constitution does not spell out a socialist form of Government. I will Support and Defend the Constitution of The United States.

SFC

US Army

retired

Most socialist governments are also democracies. Socialism is opposed to free market capitalism, not democracy.

I don't really care how my government is run. As long as the government provides good services for my tax dollars, I'm happy. I have yet to see this happen in my lifetime, though. That's why I'm willing to give socialism a chance to do what our dedication to free market capitalism hasn't.

I dont think we have a true Democracy anyhow. The problem with both is the people in power. They will always be corrupt and make life harder for the rest of us.

I lived in both societies, honestly, same problems.

I'd just like to see a government which actually works for the people ...not for the politicians .

We have a Republic, not a Democracy.

And we're not socialist. People who claim that Democrats are socialist are either stupid or deceitful.

Of America.

We are a Democracy.

• eagle

Yes, I care. That is why we are in trouble now and Obama is making it worse.