Should I inform my OB...?

I have gone into labor 3x this week. Each time the contractions were too irregular to go running to the hospital not to mention the fact that they just stop out of the clear blue. Well, last night I had just dosed off to sleep when a contraction woke me up. They were every 3 minutes and lasting about 1 minute or longer and painful. Then all of a sudden after about 45 minutes of this, they stopped. Shoudl I give her a call or just ride it out?

I will be 37wks on Monday.

Best Answer

You could call your doctor just to let them know what is going on. It would ease your mind!! Good Luck!!

• I would call the doctor first. With my first one the contractions didn't hurt but they made me go to the hospital so when it came time for the second one I didn't know what to expect. I was in the hospital 3 times before I finally had my daughter. If I had called my dr first it could have saved the trips and false alarms! Good Luck!

If it stops, you haven't gone into labor, but always call your doc if you think you are.

Irregular contractions are only braxton hicks. Real labor contractions will follow a pattern. Don't just go running to the hopsital unless you want to piss away money. Always call your doc before you go.

• c c

Did you tell her about the previous three false starts?

She probably needs to know if it is stoping and starting like that. Don't know how far along you are, but if you are not close to your due date, this can give her a chance to check things out and try to keep that babe in there a bit longer.

Source(s): mom of 5

I would call in and report what's going on just so they are aware. Then let them choose if you should come in or not. This way they are not surprised when you go into labor for real.

yeah you should because i suppose you could be in labor anytime now and the fact that you didn't tell your OB could make things bad for you. you never know what could happen. let him know what's going on so he/she could tell you what's the best thing to do right now since you might have this baby soon!!!!

Congrats!!! You're going to be a great mom!!!!

Definately call your OB. Don't take any chances

don't ride it out! call your doctor right now and tell them! they may want to see you!

• Call your dr asap!