Slow cooker/crock pot ideas i have some do you?

I got a slow cooker for new year form my mother-in-law and omg how did i live without it... i have posted some recipes below do youhave any others as i dont want to keep making the same thing.....

Soup

Use orange lentils or split yellow peas. I pour over boiling water and let them soak overnight. Rinse and put in slow cooker. Then I add an onion that has been chopped and slightly cooked (in the microwave, makes life easier). Add a few chopped or sliced carrots to the slow cooker, add garlic if you like, if you have any stock, say from the joint of bacon I mentioned before, heat it up in the microwave and add to the slow cooker. If you have no stock make some with any stock cube you have handy. Make sure the lentils etc are covered by the stock. Add any dried herbs you like. Give it a stir. Put cooker on after about 7 hours., just check to see if the lentils are cooked, if not just leave a little longer until cooked. You can use up any leftover celery or you can add bacon chopped up and put in with the other ingredients if you wish. I can’t give exact amounts because I just add what I have in. If you have a large slow cooker it should work out approx as 1 litre of stock to 150g lentils, I think. I always just make sure that all the ingredients are covered, and do a couple of checks whilst it is cooking to make sure in case it needs any more liquid. If you want a creamy soup, then liquidise with a blender, the hand one is best, after cooling it. You could garnish with some coriander leaves and put a swirl of cream or fromage frais on top when serving.

Oriental Honeyed Pork

This is a really tasty slow cooker recipe.(amounts are for 4.5 litre cooker) cube 1kg pork fillet &toss in seasoned flour/corn flour(or iv done it with up to 6 -8 pork chops),heat oil in a pan, fry 1 large chopped onion & 2 crushed garlic cloves, add pork & lightly brown, add 2 chopped green peppers,8 chopped mushrooms,6 chopped tomatoes(or a can)and a big tin pineapple pieces.(keep the juice).In a jug measure 1 litre chicken stock,5 tablespoons honey,3 tablespoons soy sauce, mix & pour over pork in pan, blend 5 tablespoons corn flour with the pineapple juice and add this to pork pan, bring to boil then transfer all this to your slow cooker and cook on medium for 5-8 hours. This sounds a bit faffy but its not ,sometimes I prepare everything the night before ready to just bring to boil in the morning, switch on and go to work. Serve with rice or new potatoes and green veg.

Beef in Red Wine.

(4.5litre cooker) Fry 2 large chopped onions till soft in tbspn oil, add 1.5kg cubed stewing beef or steak, and brown .add 2 crushed garlic cloves(not essential if you don’t like garlic)10 chopped tomatoes(I always use a couple of large cans)800g mushrooms(nice to use whole small ones)1 litre red wine, salt and pepper, bay leaf if you have one and bring to a simmer ,transfer to slow cooker pot and cook 4-8 hours on medium. Remove bay leaf and add some chopped parsley to serve-lovely with mashed potatoes. if you don’t want to use all that wine just substitute half with beef stock

Rice Pudding

4.5ltr slow cooker. butter the inside of the crock-pot first, put 150g pudding rice,40g butter(diced or grated if really chilled)150g sugar and 1 and a half litres milk, pinch nutmeg, mix well, cook for 3 - 4 hour on medium,

Beef curry -

Fry 2 medium, sliced apples with 2 large chopped onions in a pan until soft. Coat 700g beef in 3 tblsp. flour and fry until lightly browned. Stir in 400ml of stock and bring to a simmer. Add 3 tsp curry powder,75g sultanas(optional) 3 tblsp mango chutney 200g tinned chopped tomatoes and 2 tblsp. lemon juice. Transfer to the slow cooker and cook for approx 4-7 hours. At the end of the cooking time it may be necessary to thicken the curry with a little corn flour mixed with a little water. After putting the corn flour mix in the pot put the lid on and leave a little longer for the corn flour to cook out or transfer to a pan to put on the hob or a dish to use in the microwave, to thicken

Pepper Beef

here goes, shin beef or you could use sausages, onions mushrooms peppers cook for about 6 hours I suppose, then 40 minutes before serving, I’m going to add a creamy pepper sauce mix( Schwartz) let that thicken up, then serve it with mash and veg,

Spaghetti Bolognese

I used 2lbs mince (going to freeze some after for quick dinners), 1 dollop lea and perins garlic sauce (chefs helper), 1 dollop lea and perrins Worchester sauce ,sprinkle of herbs de province, two drops Tabasco, 2 beef oxo stock cubes, 1 large onion.

I brown the mince before hand. I start with mince and crumble the two beef oxo cubes over the mince, stir then add the dollop of garlic, dollop of Worchester sauce, herbs de province and Tabasco. cook until mince is all browned.

add chopped large onion to the slow cooker, then mince, then I add one jar Dolmio(extra sp

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

We just got a slow cooker over the weekend, and I feel the same way that you felt (how did my life go on for so long without one of this incredible little machines?!). Anyway, we have used it to make dinner every night this week. This is what I made in it for dinner on Tuesday. It was delicious! The chicken was very tender and the sauce was the perfect consistency. It's not healthy, but boy is it good!

Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff

"Cubed chicken breast cooked in the slow cooker with a simple, creamy sauce mixture. This is so good, and so easy to make on a busy day. Serve over hot cooked rice (or egg noodles), if desired."

Ingredients:

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed

1/8 cup margarine

1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese

1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup

A splash of milk

Directions:

Put chicken, margarine and dressing mix in slow cooker; mix together and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.

Add cream cheese, a splash of milk and soup, mix together and cook on high for another 1/2 hour or until heated through and warm.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also made this, but I didn't have a recipe. I put a 4 pound pork roast in the slow cooker. I put apple juice, brown sugar, worchester sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder in with it. Then I put it on low for about 7 hours. It was delicious! It was so tender, it couldn't even be cut-- it just fell apart. Yum!

Source(s): The chicken recipe - http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Chicken-S... The pork recipe - my belly!!
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): Modern People Paleo Guide : http://PaleoCookbook.raiwi.com/?FRza
  • Rita
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Italian Pot Roast Recipe 4 pounds beef chuck roast 1 1/2 ounce pkg. spaghetti sauce mix salt and pepper 2 tomatoes, chopped Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper and then dry spaghetti seasoning mix. Place in crock-pot. Top with chopped tomatoes. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours or until meat is tender. Slice and Serve on hot spaghetti; spoon sauce over all.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I have been using this recipe for years. It is thick & delicious!

Crock Pot Beef Stew

2 lbs. stew meat (cut into 1" squares)

1/4 c. flour

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. pepper

1 1/2 c. beef broth

1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

1 clove garlic (minced)

1 bay leaf

1 small can tomato paste

4 carrots (sliced)

3 potatoes (diced)

1 onion (chopped)

1 stalk celery (chopped)

*Optional: frozen peas

Put meat in Crock Pot. Mix flour, salt & pepper together & pour over meat; stir to coat meat with flour. Stir in tomato paste. Add remaining ingredients (except peas) & stir to mix well. Cover; cook on low 10-12 hours or on high for 4-6 hours. Stir thoroughly before serving.

*Cook frozen peas according to directions & add to stew just before serving.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Crock pots and slow cookers are really great for cooking tough cuts of meat.

Always have vegetables as your first layer, then your meat, add any liquid last, then cover and set the temperature.

I like to make a Hearty Beef Vegetable soup/stew using Chili meat, not ground meat. Put in a layer of your choice veggies first, then the chili meat, 1/4 cup of pearl barley, and finally, one or two cans of Campbell's Beef Consomme. When it is finished cooking, I often add a rib of celery, thinly sliced and a small can of Water Chestnuts, stir it in real good and then serve.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ty for the recipes.

this is also a GREAT one, try it!!

Slow Cooker Pot Roast

2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup

1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix

1 1/4 cups water

5 1/2 pounds pot roast

Serves 12.

In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and water. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture.

Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low setting for 8 to 9 hours.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• 1 decade ago

I LOVE my crock pot and have been using one for over 30 years.

It is my life saver during the hoidays. We have 22 people at holiday dinners. This year I made 2 crock pots full of stuffing, which works great, by the way, and a crockpot full of a new green bean recipe my daughter and I were trying. Fabulous. saved me oven space, gets my food done when I want it and trying new things in it is lots of fun.

I use mine lots for keeping foods hot at gatherings as well.

I have used it to make spaghettie sauce while I am at work and then all I have to do is cook the pasta when I get home. When ever we moved, I put a meal into the crock pot to cook at the new house and when we finish bringing that last load, a fantastic meal is waiting for us and all we have to do is eat it.

• Tia
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

pulled pork

buy a pork shoulder or butt put in the crock pot once u wake in the morning leave on high all day at dinner time take two forks and peal apart and shredd the pork then add bottle bbq sauce ur favorite and let it soak up in the pork for a half hour then serve on buns

sausage peppers onions

boil sausage

chop bell peppers and onions

put sausage and peppers in crock pot on low

with jar of tomato sauce on top

let cook all day on low

then when wanna have some u can put on pasta or on a roll for sausage sub

• tracy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Yum -- I am definitely going to try the Oriental Honeyed Pork and Pepper Beef. The soup sounds wonderful but my husband is "souped out" (as he likes to put it ... LOL!)

These are some of my slow cooker recipes that I use quite often -- they are in US measurements so you probably would have to convert them into grams if you choose to try them:

Crockpot Swiss Steak

2 pounds round steak, cut into serving size pieces

1 onion, sliced

1 can crushed tomatoes (15 ounces)

salt and pepper

Season round steak with salt and pepper. Place in crockpot. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low 8 - 10 hours. Serve with mashed potatoes or rice or egg noodles.

Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak

2 pounds lean ground beef

1 envelope dry onion soup mix

½ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs

¼ cup milk

¼ cup all purpose white flour

2 tablespoons olive oil

2 cans cream of chicken soup

1 packet dry au jus mix (1 ounce)

¾ cup water

In a large bowl, mix together the meat, onion soup mix, bread crumbs and milk. Shape into 8 patties.

Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat. Dredge patties in flour to coat and quickly brown on both sides.

Place patties in slow cooker stacking alternately like a pyramid.

In medium bowl mix together soup, au jus mix and water. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 4 - 5 hours.

Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes with Ham

3 pounds potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

½ cup onion, diced

1 cup ham, chopped

1 can cream of mushroom soup, 10.75 ounce can

½ cup water

½ teaspoon garlic powder

¼ teaspoon salt

¼ teaspoon ground pepper

Place potatoes in slow cooker. In medium bowl, mix together cheese, onion and ham. Mix with potatoes. Use same bowl to mix soup and water. Add seasonings. Pour evenly over potatoes.

Cover and cook on high 4 hours.

• 3 years ago

No brilliance could be availed for fruit over vegetable or viceversa..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.