Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 decade ago

I need a good vegan coffee cake recipe?

Must be vegan, preferably with no apples.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Vegan Coffee Cake

Ingredients:

1 cup soy milk

1 tbsp distilled white vinegar

2 tbsp water + 2 tsp baking powder (mix this together, this serves as an egg replacer)

2 1/4 cups wheat flour (or your flour of choice)

1 1/4 cups brown sugar (you can also try palm sugar)

3 tsp cinnamon

1 1/2 tsp ground ginger (or freshly grated ginger)

1/2 tsp salt

3/4 cup vegetable oil

2 tsp baking powder (yes, more baking powder)

What to do:

Mix the flour, sugar, and 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ginger, salt, and oil. Transfer 1 1/4 cups of this into a small bowl and add the rest of the cinnamon to the small bowl. You may also want to add more sugar if you have a sweet tooth like me.

To the remaining flour mixture add the dry baking powder. Mix together the soy milk, vinegar, and water + baking powder mixture, and then add to the flour mixture. If, when everything is mixed together, it is soupy, add some of the flour mixture you put aside. This should have the consistency of a cake batter, not soup!

Spread the batter in a 9 x 13 baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining flour mixture, if your batter is too soupy the topping will sink in (you may want to add more sugar and spices such as cardamom to the topping mixture, you want enough topping to cover the entire cake)

Bake at 350 Fahrenheit or 150 C for 30- 35 minutes.

best of luck.x

• 5 years ago

Source(s): Delicious Paleo Recipe Cookbook - http://paleocookbook.raiwi.com/?ohAu
  • 1 decade ago

http://www.chooseveg.com/vegan-breakfast-recipes.a...

There is a video on this website for coffee cake. I get most of my recipes from them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Add 1 can Taster's Choice Hazelnut.

Add ! can of flour.

Bake 20 minutes.

Presto.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.