樂雯 asked in 社會及文化語言 · 1 decade ago

Paraphrase this story part one

The thought of being categorized as a missing person was hard to

accept. When there's no body to be found, the grieving has no end.

For our families back in France, we had to survive.

I was lost in the Amazon with my friend Loïc Pillois. We had

gone there last February to hike an approximately 78-mile section of

virgin forest that was supposed to take us from our drop point on the

Approuague River to Saül, an isolated former mining town at the geographical

center of French Guiana.

We brought along enough food for the 11 days we had budgeted

for the trek, along with a compass, a machete, a 60-square-foot

tarp, and two hammocks.

Some days went smoothly, and we seemed to be on track. But on other days it would take several hours of

hacking through vines to hike just one mile. On the morning of the 12th day, February 26, we knew we were in trouble.

Saül sits in a small valley, but the route ahead of us kept rising. We were exhausted and out of food, and we had no idea

where we were on our trajectory. Two days from Saül? Two weeks?

We knew there would be a search, so we decided to stay put. We used the tarp to create a roof, and we divided

the tasks. I was in charge of food. Loïc tended the fire. We had only one lighter, so Loïc never let the fire go out. He was

incredible.

When it's a necessity, it's easy to tap into the survival instinct. We became very primal. It was the rainy season,

so we had water. But we started eating whatever we could. If we thought a plant was edible, one of us would try it. If he

was still OK the next day, we knew we could eat it. We ate beetles, and we trapped mygale spiders [tarantulas]. They're

huge and hairy. If you cook them well enough, their venom burns off and they become edible.

Still, we were starving. We chewed just to chew. Psychologically, it helped. We even ate

Update:

bugs that swarmed to our excrement.

Occasionally, we'd hear helicopters. But we couldn't see them, and they couldn't see us or our fire through the

thick canopy. Sometimes days would go by with nothing. That was sheer panic. Had the search been called off?

Update 2:

We learned later that the rescue missions did stop, on March 26, 40 days after we'd started our trek.

Update 3:
Update 4:

i want it paraphrased in english

Update 5:

I don't need it translated, sry

1 Answer

Rating
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The thought of being categorized as a missing person was hard to

accept. When there's no body to be found, the grieving has no end.-----被歸類為失蹤人士的意念,是難以接受的。當沒有人被找尋得到,那悲哀是沒完沒了。

For our families back in France, we had to survive.-----為了我們返回法國的家人,我們需要生存下去。

I was lost in the Amazon with my friend Loc Pillois. We had

gone there last February to hike an approximately 78-mile section of

virgin forest------ 我和朋友 Loic Pillois在亞馬遜失了蹤。過去的二月,我們到那裡遠足,大約是七至八哩的一段原始森林。

that was supposed to take us from our drop point on the

Approuague River to Sal, an isolated former mining town at the geographical center of French Guiana.------這路程估計是由我們的起點 Approuague River 至 Saul。Saul是個被廢棄,以前採礦的鎮,位於法屬奎亞那的地理中心。

We brought along enough food for the 11 days we had budgeted

for the trek, along with a compass, a machete, a 60-square-foot

tarp, and two hammocks.我們為了計劃好的十一日艱苦旅程,帶備足夠的食物,也備上指南針、大砍刀、六十方呎的防水帆布和兩張吊床。

Some days went smoothly, and we seemed to be on track. But on other days it would take several hours of hacking through vines to hike just one mile. -----有些日子過得很順利,我們好像依著行程去,但是有其他的日子,一面行邊一面砍除攀籐植物,用上幾小時才前行了一哩。

On the morning of the 12th day, February 26, we knew we were in trouble.-----二月廿六日,即第十二日的早上,我們知道出了麻煩。

Sal sits in a small valley, but the route ahead of us kept rising. ----Saul是坐落在小山谷中的,但擺在我們前面的路線是向上的。

We were exhausted and out of food, and we had no idea----我們疲倦又缺乏食物,不知道身處在我們軌跡上那個位置,

where we were on our trajectory. Two days from Sal? Two weeks?----離開 Saul兩天的路程嗎?還是兩星期?

We knew there would be a search, so we decided to stay put. ----我們知道將會有搜索行動的,所以決定停下來。

We used the tarp to create a roof, and we divided the tasks. ----我們用防水帆布做了一個屋頂,又分開職責。

I was in charge of food. Loc tended the fire.----我負責食物, Loic負責管理火種。

He was incredible. ----他是十分奇妙的。

When it's a necessity, it's easy to tap into the survival instinct. We became very primal. ----當有需要的時候,求生的本能是容易被發動的。我們變得很原始。

It was the rainy season, so we had water. But we started eating whatever we could.-----那時是雨季,我們有水,但是我們開始無論甚麼可以吃便吃。

2009-01-31 12:19:07 補充:

If we thought a plant was edible, one of us would try it. If he

was still OK the next day, we knew we could eat it. 如果我們認為一裸植物可吃,其中一人會試吃,第二日若是安然無恙,我們便知道可以吃了。

We ate beetles, and we trapped mygale spiders [tarantulas]. 我們吃甲蟲,捉巨蜘蛛。

2009-01-31 12:24:09 補充:

They're huge and hairy. If you cook them well enough, their venom burns off and they become edible.----牠們巨大和多毛,燒掉了牠們的毒液便可吃。

Still, we were starving. We chewed just to chew. Psychologically, it helped----我們仍覺飢餓。我們只是空口嘴嚼,心理上有幫助。

2009-01-31 12:32:33 補充:

We even ate bugs that swarmed to our excrement.----我們甚至吃群擁至我們的排泄物的甲蟲。

Occasionally, we'd hear helicopters. But we couldn't see them,有時我們聽到有直升機,但是我們看不見它們,

and they couldn't see us or our fire through the thick canopy他們也不能透過濃密的頭頂遮蓋,看見我們或我們的火種。

2009-01-31 12:37:07 補充:

Sometimes days would go by with nothing. That was sheer panic. Had the search been called off? 有時日子流逝,沒甚麼發生,那真是實在的恐懼。搜索已經停止了嗎?

We learned later that the rescue missions did stop, on March 26, 40 days after we'd started our trek. 我們後來知道在三月廿六日,拯救行動停止了,那是我們起程後的四十日。

2009-01-31 15:03:31 補充:

This is an adventure story about "lost in the Amazon". In the first few sentences, the author gives a brief introduction for this mishappen.

2009-01-31 15:07:17 補充:

(I was lost--->> centre of

(I was lost---->> centre of French Guiana) This paragraph outlines the original hiking plan of the author and his friend, and let the readers have a basic understanding of their trek location.

2009-01-31 15:12:46 補充:

(some days went--->> two weeks?) This paragragh describes their progress in hiking and the condition under which they found themselves lost and unable to reach their destination.

2009-01-31 15:15:41 補充:

(We brought along--->> two hammocks) A summary of their preparation for this trip.

2009-01-31 15:22:22 補充:

(We knew there would be--->> primal) This paragraph mentions their decision to stop for rescue and setting up of their camp site.

2009-01-31 15:29:51 補充:

(It was the rainy season--->> our excrement). It describes their eating habits for survival.

(Occasionally--->>we started our trek) It states the difficulties that they face about being rescued.

2009-02-01 17:38:12 補充:

To be classified as a missing person was hardly an acceptable thought. If there was nobody found, the sorrow would seem to be everlasting. We had to struggle for our life for the sake of our families back in France.

2009-02-01 17:49:53 補充:

Last February I went hiking with my friend Loic Pillois. We chose a district of primitive forest along the Amazon. It measured about seven to eight miles within which we got lost. We started off from Approuague River to a remote and deserted mining town, Saul. It situated at central French Guiana.

2009-02-01 18:15:15 補充:

We brought along with us a compass, a machete, a 60-square-foot tarp, two hammocks and abundant food for that tough 11-day journey.

Some days we hiked very smoothly, But sometimes we spent a couple of hours to progress for just one mile as we had to chop away the viny plants to make our way.

2009-02-01 18:29:45 補充:

On 26 th Feburary morning, the twelfth day of our journey, we discovered that we were hiking an upward route instead of going downwards to a small valley where Saul was supposed to be located. We could not find out our actual position in our trek. How far we had been away from Saul?

2009-02-01 18:30:14 補充:

We could not find out our actual position in our trek. How far we had been away from Saul?

2009-02-01 18:45:29 補充:

Since we thought there would be a rescue action to search for us, we stopped and set up a roof by the tarp. We allocated our work. I was responsible for food while Loic was taking charge of the fire. He was marvelous that he had never let the fire extinguish because there was only one lighter.

2009-02-01 18:53:07 補充:

He was marvelous that he had never let the fire extinguish because there was only one lighter.Our instinct for survival came into function when it was necessary. So, we changed to primitive living. We got water since it was the rainy season. However we ate everything.

2009-02-01 19:02:29 補充:

One of us would tried to eat the plant which we supposed to be edible. On the next day, knowing he was fine, we decided to eat the plant. Beetles became food too. We caught very large and hairy mygale spiders (tarantulas), fully cooked them to evaporate their venom so that they could be eaten.

2009-02-01 19:20:09 補充:

Anyway we were still hungry. We just did the chewing action without food inside our mouths. It helped to relieve hunger psychologically. Even bugs that thickly gathered around our faeces became food.

2009-02-01 19:29:44 補充:

Sometimes sound of helicopters could be heard but we could not see each other because of the dense shadings. They could not see our fire too. Occasionally, it was sure terror when nothing happened on that day.

2009-02-01 19:30:07 補充:

Occasionally, it was sure terror when nothing happened on that day.

2009-02-01 19:38:11 補充:

Had the rescue action stopped? Later we knew that it had stopped on 26th March. Forty days had passed since our starting off of the trek.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.