Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 1 decade ago

How long does it take to get lung cancer from smoking cigarettes?

I'm 16 and have been smoking cigarettes for over a year. I have smoked half a pack at the most in one day. My dad died of cancer but it wasnt from heredity. I'm paranoid im going to get lung cancer.HELP

• rml313
    Favorite Answer

no set time, may be you wont get but if i were you i would quite now that short of time wont give it to you

Depends on your body and several different other factors but smoking will certainly contribute to your downfall. Why would a 16 year old even want to smoke especially after watching her dad die of cancer? My dad died from lung cancer, yes, he was a smoker. He died 10 days before his 54th birthday. He missed all of his grandchildren, he missed college graduations, Christmas, Thanksgiving and all those fun family times.

You are young and you have a full and wonderful life ahead of you. Start making some smart choices, eat healthy, do fun and healthy things, learn something new and find the adventure in life every day.

If you are so paranoid about lung cancer, you might also consider that smoking contributes to heart disease as well. But yes, there is a way to prevent all that and that would be QUIT now. Set yourself up for success.

Heyy. What's up? My name's Rachel, let me tell you a brief story about myself which I believe may be of some Help to you...

I am an Emphysema Survivor. I remember when I was diagnosed back in 2012, and they told me I had to quit otherwise I would not make it another 2 years. I told them, "If I'm going to die, I'd like to die Happy with a cigarette in my mouth". Stupid yes, but it's how I felt. I was stubborn, and did not believe that it could happen to me. I am only 32 years old, been smoking since I was 16... but the idea of Death at age 32 feels very foreign, almost surreal. However, when I began to notice a constant shortness of breath, and even coughing up blood- I decided something had to be done. I tried really hard to quit a couple of times, but could never resist the urges and temptation. Anyone who has ever tried quitting cold turkey, or by using one of those worthless patches/gums, will know what I'm talking about.

I went and saw a specialist, a physician who is reputed to be very successful in helping people quit. Among other practical advise, he referred me to a World-class Vapor E-Cig @ https://tryvaporcigs.im .. It is an electronic cigarette that heats "liquid nicotine" into a Safe water vapor which you inhale. No toxic smoke. I was told by my physician that this is something the tobacco industry does not want us to know about. It smells Clean, leaving behind no odor... and gives that relaxing "nicotine fix" we get from the regular, mundane cigarette. Being odorless, it can be smoked anywhere- even indoors. I have social anxiety, so a problem I do have with it is people always approaching me; telling me how cool it looks and asking a million questions when I'm seen Vaping in malls or restaurants. But yeah, my condition seems to be getting much better since I quit "smoking". I believe they still send out a completely Free Trial kit, only asking that you cover their cost of shipping.

Anyways, Take care! I hope I was of some help.. <3

Source(s): Personal Experience

it varies, some people can smoke multiple packs a day for decades and be cancer free, some could be dead in less that a decade, genetics and hereditary play a major role, the best advice i can give you is to quit now while your still young and healthy, i quit some time ago and i found that always having gum with you helps a lot, if you have money you could invest in those nicotine ween off products, does your mom know you smoke, if she does you should tell her you're scared of getting cancer, i'm sure she'll be more that happy to help you

Quitting is hard for many people, but if your this worried than you have the determination to do it

17 years, 4 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, 12 hours, 11 minutes, 42 seconds

Quit. Your breath stinks like an ashtray, your teeth are turning yellow, cigarettes are expensive, you are destroying your lungs getting shortness of breath and developing cancer, and you do not look cool smoking.

if your father passed away due to any type of cancer, you are at a natural greater risk of developing cancer. smoking is just adding to the probability that you will get cancer. lung cancer, throat cancer, you name it.

My grandparents are 87 and 83 and have been smoking for over 60 years, with no signs of quitting. They are probably healthier than most non smokers in their 50's.

No cancer for them.

So stop smoking. You might get it and might not, but why push your luck?

Read out more about cancer here: http://the-cancer-disease.com/

hi found a solution with your question in blog at http://drugtreatmentforcancer.blogspot.com/