peanut butter recall?

what types should be avoided

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Avoid, Peanut Corp. of America.

Foods containing their peanut butter tested positive for salmonella: Austin Quality Foods Toasty Crackers with Peanut Butter,

Keebler brand peanut butter crackers,

Famous Amos Peanut Butter Cookies,

Keebler Soft Batch Homestyle Peanut Butter Cookies.

Other recalled items include:

Little Debbie peanut butter crackers; Kroger peanut butter ice cream; ZonePerfect and NutriPals bars with peanut butter; Meijer peanut butter crackers and ice cream; Walmart and Food Lion, Lofthouse, Chuck's and Pastries Plus Gourmet Cookie peanut butter cookies; Perry's and Wegmans peanut butter ice cream, Hy-Vee Inc. peanut butter cookies and candy; King Nut Co. institutional-size peanut butter; General Mills' Larabar Peanut Butter Cookie bars and JamFrakas Peanut Butter Blisscrisp bars; CLIF and LUNA bars with peanut butter; and South Bend Chocolate Co.'s peanut butter fudge and candy.

Produce that is SAFE; The following companies have said their products are not affected by the recall: Lance Inc., Tasty Baking Co, Hershey Co. (which makes Reese's), Mars, ConAgra Foods and Girl Scout Cookies.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Check the FDA for details but the peanut butter recalled was sold as a peanut butter and peanut paste to commercial buyers, nursing homes and school settings.

Foodstuffs made from those products i.e. snack crackers and the like have been recalled.

• lou
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

mostly snack foods and some candy but after i saw the news today i think i would stay away from all related items for the time being!

• 1 decade ago

it is mainly snack foods.

Jif is ok to use.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.