Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Brooke S asked in TravelLatin AmericaPeru · 1 decade ago

What types of dances are in lima peru?

I need help this is due tomorrow

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Lima is a city where you can find many attraction and also a diverse city. In that case if you want to "experience" or "discover" new rhythms, then I would suggest you to listen to our folkloric music.

In Lima you can find music from the entire country, since many people from the countryside and other cities have established in Lima.

In that case music relates to dancing, and now I could give you some tips.

You should go to BRISAS DEL TITICACA, they have a fantastic show, i think is either 40 soles or dollars for that show. 40 dollars are like 110 more or less. then if you want to see some festejo, lando or other rhythms from afro-peruvian people you should visit penas. Most of theose places are located in the southern-western part of the city such as Miraflores, Barranco. Places like OITA NOMAS, DEL CARAJO have shows daily(mostly running from thursday up to sunday). If toy want see other shows, then you should then attend a concert. By in this case i mean a concert from LOCAL BANDS, in Lima Salsa, and Cumbia are two genres that are popular among people, and since cumbia is becoming more popular, why wouldnt you consider attendin a concert of any cumbia group......

well i hope this helps, have a wonderful time in LIMA

Source(s): sau
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

In Lima you'll find all kind of dances since it's a 9-million people city with lots of dancing schools.

Samba, salsa, merengue, tondero, axe, festejo, marinera, waltz, cumbia, tango, chicha, bolero, bachata, rock, pop, techno, huayno, saya, tijeras, etc.

Your question is too general

Source(s): Peruvian
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There's one called The Marinaro I enjoy watching each year at Festival Latino. It's a group of young women.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.