IRS refund date change?

I filed my taxes using Turbo Tax on 01/17. It was accepted by the IRS on 01/18 and at the time, it said that I would get my refund buy 01/30. I ended up checking the IRS website a few days later and the refund date changed to 02/03. Today I happened to check it again, and now it's saying 02/10! WTF! Has this happened to anyone? I was gonna call the IRS to find out, but I knew that I would be on hold for atleast 30 minutes. This sucks!

Favorite Answer

My return was accepted by the cutoff on 1/21. Date changed from the 3rd to the 10th this AM. A lot of people have this same issue, some have been resolved by calling their banks and finding out the deposit is pending, some, like me, have to wait yet another week. Best bet is to call your bank and find out if there is anything pending. Calling the IRS will just put you in a loophole, we are all getting different answers with the same conclusions, they really have no idea over there. If your bank does not have a pending transaction from the IRS it is safe to assume you won't get it until next week. :(

IRS Dispenses their deposits on Thursdays, to be released on Fridays. NORMALLY they only make ONE disbursement per week. I've heard they've made 2 so far today and that would be the last of them for the week.

The reason the site first said the 3rd is to give time for the banks to clear the funds (those that got RAL) hence, it states 3rd you'd get it anywhere between the 30th to the 3rd (because they dispense it to banks THURSDAYS ONLY). CALL YOUR BANKS TO SEE IF THERE IS A PENDING DEPOSIT. If not, try again on the 5th/6th.

Hopefully, with all the IRS errors they'll consider making more than one deposit per week and actually come thru for those of us who showed the 30th and had their dates changed.

*keeping fingers crossed*

This happened to us as well! I filed on Turbo Tax and the expected deposit date was the 30th, when I checked the IRS website earlier in the week it had 02/03 now it is saying 02/10. Soooo I am assuming they are running behind and they don't care because refunding us does not benefit them. So we have to sit and wait!

This happened to ! I checked this morning cuz normally it would be in the bank on the day the deposit is actually sent, which would have been the 30th like they originally posted or said. Now when I call and look on the where my refund thing, I am being told it will now be deposited by the 10th. That could mean anytime between now and the tenth. What the hell! That was my rent money that I am already behind on so you think you are screwed, try being in my shoes. Im gonna call to find out whats going on. I cant afford to wait that long. Im sure they will give the"We don't guarantee a specific deposit date speech" though.

• damato

I verify the IRS "the place's my refund" internet site on the instant, My status became into additionally as much as date on the instant. My date replaced from February 9th. to February twenty third. because of the fact of processing delays. I called the IRS 2 circumstances the day earlier on the instant and spoke with 2 diverse reps. They the two reported my tax return became into despatched to an blunders branch, however the blunders is fix now! One rep reported that it have been given in the back of schedule by in basic terms a million week & the different rep reported it have been given in the back of schedule by 3 weeks. in accordance to the IRS the place'S MY REFUND it feels like it have been given in the back of schedule 3 weeks. The IRS in basic terms deposit on Fridays so I ought to get it on 02/19/2010. we at the instant are not the only people who's having this concern, lot of others are besides. I observed someplace at here the place somebody reported that taxact application became into snarled this twelve months and that led to the tax returns to get despatched to the blunders branch, yet i actually do no longer understand approximately that!

The same happened with me. My return was accepted on the 26th and my deposit date was scheduled for 2/6. I checked it on Wednesday and the deposit date changed to 2/9. This morning, it said 2/10.

• Pengy

My guess has to do with the fact of the last years rebate program, if you said you did not get it and are trying to claim it again then they are checking it out. There are many that are doing this and that is the hold up. Many people whose parents claimed them last year and got the rebate, now think they are eligible for it which they are not and that is tying up the system

we're in this situation too. called tonight and was told "the 10th would still put you in the 21 day range so its nothing to worry about." easy for her to say. nothing to worry about. HA! she didn't have a definitive answer on why it happened. i'm pretty positive it has nothing to do with the stimulus because i looked at my bank statement to double check the amount they deposited, so no error there. this really does suck.

i am in the same boat,... i filed on the 16th and called bank of america and they said they dont show it was deposited,...and its crunch time for rent and i have disconnect notices,...sooooo i guess the saying is true if its not gonna benifit the government they dont care,, i'm just really worried i cant wait until the 10th, if i could have i would have filed later not on the 16th.

• g-ma

my son has the same problem the only thing i can think of he had changing situations ( got married) that is holding it up, im sure that has to be verified after claiming single for so many years.....

Changed it on me 3 times.

IRS is slow and as usual, incompetent.