Help! Ahi Tuna Poki....?

My husband just called from the airport - he's flying home tonight - and he stopped off on his way to the airport to a little fish market in Anchorage. He bought some Ahi Tuna Poki, and said it has to be eaten tonight if we want to have it raw.

Does anyone have any ideas about what we could do with it?

My fall back plan is sushi....

Thanks in advance! :)

Scootera - thank you so much! I just called him on his cell to verify, and it is pre cubed and seasoned...

Well, shoot....guess I don't need to worry about making dinner after all! However, what sides would go well with it? I think we'll eat the Poki as is - although your suggestions are great.

Favorite Answer

I'm a little confused. "Poki" is a prepared dish, sort of a cold seafood salad or relish, made with raw seafood (usually tuna or salmon).

When you say, "My fall back plan is sushi..." it sounds like you're under the impression that "poki" is a type of tuna. If he's bringing home poki, try spooning it onto a small amount of shredded lettuce as a salad. Or you can treat it like a salsa and scoop it up with tortilla chips. You can also scoop it up with torn pieces of nori (sheets of dried seaweed). Personally, I just eat it with a spoon.

By the way, you can freeze it, but the texture is slightly affected (more mushy) when you defrost it.

Source(s): I'm an (Asian) culinary arts grad.