German, Spanish, or french?

Im a freshman I need to years of consecutive language, im in spanish 1(easy) I barely pass it, i have to do spanish 2 lext year if I stick with spanish, but im pretty sure ill fail it, so should i stay with spanish, or switch to german or french?

What should I do based on my situation not proven fact.

Best Answer

Spanish and French have a good bit in common with English; German, not so much. Spanish is arguably the most useful of the three, but I have no idea where your language proficiency lies, so I can't really advise you on what to do.

• Karen

Having studied all four at varying degrees, I'd say that German is the hardest. The spoken German is fairly easy for an English speaker to learn. Spanish and French are linguistically structured the same way. Latin is the basis of both Spanish and French, and Latin is a very friendly language, even if the sentence structure is weird, and they have to have a gender connected to every single thing. German, however, is one of the grammatically most complex languages out there. They even conjugate their articles. These people are whacked out (no offense to them).

If you don't like Spanish, you won't like French very much either since both languages are very very similar to each other. I'm not really able to speak so much for German although I do know that the English language came from German backgrounds so that would /probably/ be the easiest as I'd imagine the two are very similar.

So easiest way out: German

Most awesome language however...

French for the win :)

Stick with Spanish. It is by far the language that you will most often have use for in the US. other than English of course. I took 4 yers of high school German and can count on one hand the number of times it came in handy. But Spanish you hear every day.

i would stick with Spanish because its our 2nd language here. And if u live, or go on vacation to the southern states, like florida, a huge population speaks Latin so it will benefit u. plus i have taken all three and Spanish is the easiest. German and French are really hard.

German

Spanish is the easiest to learn, stick with it and apply yourself. You can do so much more with Spanish than the other languages. Try work your hardest possible to get a good grade.

Id stick with spanish. Colleges look for consistency in their appliers. If they see you jumping around the languages, they'll quickly find out whats going on. Id practice ( I know boring ) or even go a tutor, talk to your teacher about it.

Hope this helps

If I were you, I would continue with Spanish. some colleges accept two years of a foreign language taken in high school as an equivalent for their requirements, just make sure you mention it to your counselor, that way you won't have to re-take language in college.

Stick with Spanish. It's the only useful European language one can learn these days.