RD asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Any one giving the Phillies a chance to repeat?

They still have a very good offense. Their bullpen was outstanding last year and they are still in tact other than J.C being suspended for 50 games. Hamels the nl mvp and the world series mvp will be leading the starting rotation. Lidge who was perfect last year in saves. Anyone giving them a chance to repeat?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I AM!!!

I'm completely confident my phils can do it again...

(although im a little disapointed pat the bat is a ray now)

• 1 decade ago

Of course they have a chance. The team, like you said, really hasn't changed much. I kinda give the Burrell out and Ibanez in a wash. You lose the HR's and the RH bat but you get a better batting avg, more RBI's and a bit more speed. But he also bats Lefty along with Utley and Howard, so Werth with have to prove his"Worth" or Feliz, since they both bat righty.

It's going to be tough with the Mets retooling though. They've already blown it 2 years in a row and don't expect it for a third. Phils will have to come out strong and stay that way!!

Source(s): My opinion
  • 1 decade ago

Definitely, the last couple years they have been playing some inspired baseball especially around the post season which is the most important time to play well.

• Joe H
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

They definitely have a shot. They havent lost that much. Mets choke every year. Braves didnt improve that much. If they get hot in the playoffs again then they could easily win.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I am giving them a chance to repeat, even though, it is one of the hardest thing to do in MLB baseball.

• 1 decade ago

probably not , only because they haven't been as aggressive in the acquisition and trade departments, barring injury i think they will make top 4 in the league

• i doubt it the braves got what they were looking for a starting rotation. they added javier vazquez, derek lowe, and kenshin kawakami. look out for the braves this year they are under the radar

• 1 decade ago

Sure, why not? Not easy to repeat in baseball when so many teams can win, though.

• 1 decade ago

I think they will definetly make it to playoffs not too sure they'll get past that but I DO HAVE HOPE. I love my PHILLIES

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.