Andrea
Andrea asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Should Texas just cut it's losses and secede from the union?

We are the only state(actually we are a republic, not a state) that can legally do this. We have 85% of the oil, natural gas, wind power, technology.We have plenty of agriculture to feed ourselves. We control the satellites. We have the best hospitals. We have the Texas rangers (not the baseball team) a great national guard. We have NASA and most of the nuclear programs. We have low taxes(for now) Obama is not giving Texas it's fair share of the stimulus package even though we will pay more than our fair share. Why are we staying on a sinking ship. How much will it take before we finally say enough is enough !!!!!

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/n...

Texas kicked Mexico's a** remember, we don't belong to them

TO rocks and you know it !!!!

Baylor hospital is the best in the country.

Dr Obama, we have the nukes and NASA, is Obama going to throw flowers at us. We can disable your satelites, then what will you do

Funny how you call Texans racist. If you look at the census, all races live equally here. They make the same money, they live in the same neighborhoods. Most liberal states have the whites on one side of town and minorities on the other.

You can leave Texas. Everyone that wants a handout will leave and the productive people will come here. All the businesses will come also since we won't tax them to death

Favorite Answer

I live in ohio and texas and ohio have alot in common.We to are a very independent state.I always liked texas even the longhorns after they kicked my buckeyes a$$ this year.

certainly Texas itself may be in slightly hardship if that happened regrettably... As in line with Texas v. White, seventy 4 U.S. seven-hundred (1869) which grow to be argued earlier the US ultimate court in 1869. The court held that the form did not enable states to secede from the US, and that the ordinances of secession, and all the acts of the legislatures interior seceding states meant to offer result to such ordinances, have been "surely null". yet you're astounding, it would make it rather complicated for many republicans to get elected to the president.

• Sambo

Obama wants to be the new Lincoln for a reason. Secession was legal in 1861 and the Federal government's invasion was unconstitutional, illegal, and immoral. Over 600,000 died as a result of that war.

Taxes and the rest of the South seceded for some of the same reasons you list now.

• Johnny

Great idea

another Civil War will boast the economy

Texas would have to repay and return all the Brown, Root, and Kellogg or Haliburton (Military Industrial Complex) fortunes. We know that won't happen.

The thought has crossed my mind. People will say Texas wouldn't be missed, but I beg to differ.

I live in Texas, and, as long as I get enough lead time to leave, have at it. Texas has more nuts per square inch than any State I've lived in or visited. Really, secede, and good riddance. Perhaps the racists from Louisiana, Arkansas and the smoker's capital of the world, Oklahoma can join you. John "I am a non-partisan attack dog" Cornyn can be your President.

EDIT: All races live together! LOL!!! Yes, perhaps, I live in a Dallas collar community, both blacks seem happy.

did you also know that the federal government can divide texas in to 5 states, it is right there next to the seceding provision in their Constitution, so don't push your luck, but i think most who live in texas believe that their on a different planet than the rest of us

How can you say Texas is NOT a state?

• Yes and we could have Ted Nugent as our president. Talk about piss of Osama!