What is it so great about being a quarterback?

I'm not an American or Canadian, but I have seen a lot of American films and tv series, I was just wondering why being a quarterback is like occupying such a great position in an American high school? Do quarterbacks always get special treatment? Or are they always bullies? Are there any nice and inspiring quaterback who can become role models?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The position of Quarterback is THE control point of the entire offense.

Often called the on field commander, the QB makes the plays.

He's not only chosen for his "ability" to play football...QBs being the ultimate athlete capable of playing any position...but he's also the team leader and role model.

Yes, the get treated pretty well...typically the hero of the Offensive game. If they are school bullies, you'll find them benched. As far as popularity, quarterbacks are usually the most popular guy in the school as well.

On our team, a quarterback with social issues or problem behavior will NOT play. We benched our star for public intoxication because it wasn't the way we wanted our team portrayed and he wasn't acting as a good role model.

hope that helps.

Source(s): Defense Coach
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

This is an easy question. A lot of people like being the Quarterback because when they throw a pass and change the game, they always get all of the credit. If you look in Super Bowl History, a lot of Qb's have been the MVP. Hope I could help.

Source(s): My Knowledge
  • Rob B
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Quarterbacks always get the hot babes.

Look at Tony Romo - Jessica Simpson and Carrie Underwood.

Look at Tom Brady - Bridget Moynahan and Gisele Bundchen.

Look at Kurt Warner - Forget it, look at Tony Romo and Tom Brady again!

• Bevo
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

The quarterback is the player that receives the snap from center, and he distributes the ball according to the called play. Kurt Warner is a great role model. Pat White will be another great role model, if he makes it in the NFL.

Edit: LOL@Rob B

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Quaterback is ur team captain and playmaker hes the backbone of the offence

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You usually the captian of the team and if you act like a scared in the huddle youre team will suffer, if you get the team fired up in the huddle your team will succeed

Quarterback has the most responibilty

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A team is only as good as its QB well the Saints are an exception. But he is popular as he takes all the blame if they lose and all the glory if they win. Everyone counts on him to deliver and you have to be mentally tough and good to be successful at the position.

Source(s): Peyton Manning is a good guy to look up to he is a student of the game and a good guy.
  • 1 decade ago

Quarterbacks get all the chicks

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.