I want to have HD radio and I don't want to buy a whole new set.I have a mini hi-fi Component system mhc-ec77.?

how can I upgrade this????

• wazat
    Favorite Answer

HD radio is not a better quality radio. The company that has the copyright on HD Radio has stated that the HD doesn't stand for high definition. it's just a "buzz" word , like "extreme"

"HD Radio" is the trademark for iBiquity's in-band on-channel (IBOC) technology, which was selected by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in 2002 as a digital audio broadcasting method for the United States.[2][3] According to iBiquity's website HD Radio is simply a brand name, although their earlier whitepaper documents refer to "Hybrid Digital" radio technology.[4] There is no connection with high-definition television (HDTV), except in the sense that both HDTV and HD Radio are digital formats.

So you would have to purchase a digital tuner , capable of recieving digital and analog.