nope
nope asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

What do you think of the names my husband and I chose?

If we have a boy, he will be Connor Loring. (middle name is tradition in his family)

If we have a girl, she will be Ariel Elizabeth.

Yes, we're aware of the Disney princess connection but are in love with the name and feel that a little teasing will build character, anyway. :)

Show me a young girl who will be upset about being linked to a Disney princess.

As far as teasing goes, I think she's getting off extremely well.

... Connor is WAY more common than Ariel. :/

IMO, "Connor" is the only correct spelling with "Conner" being mildly acceptable. After going my life so far with everyone trying to stick an extra A in my name (Rachel), I'm a spelling elitist. "Connor" spelled with a "K" hurts my soul. :(

Allymac-- Yes, Air-real is how it'll be pronounced. :) That's why I'm going with the Ariel spelling rather than Arielle, because then everyone would pronounce it incorrectly.

lenpol7, what names are good for 90-year-olds, then? Beatrice? Wilbur?

The names we chose aren't age-specific. It's not like they're being named Tyke or something. Please explain yourself in greater depth.

Favorite Answer

Connor is a great name, my second son is Conor, I always thought it was spelt with one n but I fully accept the double n spelling but hate the er spelling as that to me is the surname version I've even had someone spell my sons name Connagh which just looks odd to me! I like what you said about Rachel, we used it as a middle name for our daughter Nichol and she's constantly having to correct people not only for the extra A they add to Rachel but also the fact they add an E to Nichol (Nichol is greek Nichole is more french I think and they're pronounced differently) I always vowed after naming her that I'd be more careful about the spellings of names because of the annoyance it causes her, even her grandma calls her nicole/nichole!

Ariel is a great name that I've always loved but in england its the name of a soap powder so I've never been brave enough to use it!

I really like Ariel Elizabeth. Connor is nice too. :)

As for the whole Disney Princess thing, so what? I don't believe she will get picked on... Maybe the kid named Apple or something, but not Ariel.

Kids are named Jasmine, (My little cousin=]) Belle, etc. and all those kids are fine, so why shouldn't she be named Ariel? I think it's a lovely name.

• I knew a girl in high school named Ariel and I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Be aware that there are many people on here that are well under 18 answering these questions. Might not be the best place to get opinions. Congrats with your pregnancy.

i think ariel elizabeth is suck a beautiful name. The disney princess wont be as big when she is in school. I like Connor also, even with the family tradition name. But have you thought about sspelling it Kohner or Kohnor? Just something to think about. Hope i was of some help.

Personally, I'd spell it Ariele or Arielle...put a little original spin on it. Conner is very cute, I like it but I tend to lean toward more originality so I would go with Carsten or Camden if it were me. Good luck!!

I love Connor!

My first thought when I saw Ariel was the soap powder. Don't know if that's a bad thing or a good thing?

• Leslie

I like them both but I hope you are pronouncing Ariel like Air real not

Are real. I hate it when kids have weird pronunciations. I love Connor too.

I love the name Ariel Elizabeth its sweet!!

Connor Loring is unique!

I don't think you need to worry about the Disney connection. I have heard many little girls called, Ariel, Aurora, Jasmine , Na la and even a Jasmine. I think they are worse things in this world to be named after.

• Ahimsa

Not a huge fan of either name, but Ariel Elizabeth is a good enough name.