Does Registry Cleaner really works?

I know most of them are offered free online ,they are not good some scan your system and show you some phony problem,but most of them as soon as they scan your computer they record your data from your computer somewhere else,I DO not Trust free one's ,Anyone know of good Paid one not RegCure ,I tried it ,after... show more I know most of them are offered free online ,they are not good some scan your system and show you some phony problem,but most of them as soon as they scan your computer they record your data from your computer somewhere else,I DO not Trust free one's ,Anyone know of good Paid one not RegCure ,I tried it ,after running it scan my pc after that I could not go online ,when I check this software by default change my DNS ip address so anything I do with my computer will go through their DNS,sound like they made a zombie out of my PC.
Any one know which one is safe and please let me know IF you have installed and tried it ,,Don't forget Most of review you will find online about this product is phony ,and made up by the software maker...