Lindsey asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 1 decade ago

Does anyone know any cute songs for 5 year old girls to tap dance to?

I need some cute original songs for a tap dance or maybe even ballet. The recital theme is about love so anything like that!

Best Answer

Mr Sandman - The Puppini Sisters

For Now - Avenue Q (the musical)

All I Want Is You - Barry Louis Polisar

Hey Mickey - Lolly

Jeepers Creepers - The Puppini Sisters

Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy - The Puppini Sisters

Sisters - The Puppini Sisters

Crazy In Love - The Puppini Sisters

My Girl - The Temptations

Hope this gives you some ideas :) x

Source(s): dancer myself

I would suggest High Hopes - kids love that song when it is acted out. It goes "Just what makes that little old ant, think he can move a rubber tree plant? Everyone knows an ant can't, move a rubber tree plant but he's got... High Hopes, He's got... High Hopes, he's got high apple pie in the sky hopes so any time your feeling low, 'stead of letting go, just remember that ant. Whoops there goes another rubber tree plant!" Another one that used to make the day care kids ask for more was from the Musical South Pacific "Honey Bun" and also an old Nat King Cole Straighten up and Fly Right" that references a buzzard that takes a monkey on a ride in the air...with obvious consequences! My last suggested and tested song - where I got kids to dance to with me was Sunny Side of the Street - we'd do a real "Gene Kelly" imitation. The ages you are working with are so much fun!

On the good Ship Lollypop

stupid cupid

love shack

my girl

lollipop

be my hoey bee

lovebug-jonas brothers