Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicSinging · 1 decade ago

how can i sing high notes?

i can sing high notes but they're always "airy". how can i make my high notes sound full and loud?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

High Notes are harder to sound full and loud, for some people it never happens.

First thing you should make sure of: Do you have the range to sing those notes with ease, and do you have good tone quality?

The next thing you should know: The higher notes are going to be 'airy' because as you go up octaves, your vocal chords 'zip up' and its going to sound less powerful than your chest voice would. When you sing in chest your vocal chords are free to vibrate, making it easier to project your voice.

Your breath also thins out as you go up higher, because you have to use less air in order to make it up there properly; without straining, or causing pain or harm to your vocal chords.

Another tip: Try to stay away from dairy products, because they can put a mucus lining on your chords... I always try to stay away from them for at least 2 days before a performance.

Make sure you always warm up thoroughly before you attempt to sing the notes; that might be another factor to why your notes sound airy. The warm up will also help you from damaging your vocal chords.

A tip to help your notes sound full and loud: start out on the note on a creaking sound, or a sound a creaky door or step would make, and gradually push it out until it grows in strength and power.

Good luck, Lizzy.

P.S. You don't need more air for the high notes, you should actually be able to use less! (Refer to the 'zipping up' I mentioned earlier.) If you have a properly trained voice, your vocal chords should zip up right into the higher range, and hit the high notes with ease!

Extra air will actually make it harder to reach those notes..

Source(s): Brett Manning's Singing Success Program www.singingsuccess.com
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

Source(s): Professional Singer Tips http://sparkindl.info/SuperiorSingingCourse
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

I recommend getting lessons, and don't take that in a bad way. A vocal coach will be able to help you expand your range. With practice, your range should grow somewhat. It took my voice four years to get stronger in the higher octaves, so don't expect it to come easily. If you feel like you're dying when you sing, you might want to work on your breathing technique. Don't worry about how your stomach may look, take deep breaths and sing from your diaphragm, not from your throat. Also remember that not all people are meant to hit the high notes! I'm an alto, so I naturally have a lower range. It's better to focus on the tone and strength of the notes that you can sing than trying to reach notes out of your range. Don't think that you're not a talented singer just because you can't hit those high notes. The scale goes both ways! Hope that helps!

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

One of the most diverse muscles in our bodies is the tongue. This amazing tool not only helps you talk, but also helps you properly sing. When you sing, it is important that your tongue rest in specific areas as certain notes or scales are attempted. Learn here how to sing https://tr.im/improveyoursinging

The tip of the tongue is the easiest to control, but is not what is used the most in singing. When you sing, the tip of your tongue should be lightly pressed against the back of the lower teeth. This will ensure that it doesn't get in the way, or hinder the middle, sides, or back of the tongue when attempting certain notes. The back of the tongue, probably one of the hardest areas to control, should be the section that is relaxed. Once you get used to keeping the tip of your tongue lightly pressed against the back of your teeth, this should be easier to do. You can even put the tip a little lower if you feel it's in the way or becomes irritated. So, the back of the tongue should be relaxed, yet ready for use. You should be able to control it a little bit at this point. As you practice singing a little more, try to notice what the back and middle section of your tongue are doing. On lower tones or notes, the tongue will lie flat. On higher tones, the contrary. When it comes to lower tones, the tongue doesn't have as much work to do because the lower sound that is emitted originates in the chest cavity and is formed through the throat. With higher tones, however, the higher the tone, the more 'active' this back section of the tongue must be. Now that the tongue has been covered in some detail, it should be noted that singing is difficult on the muscles and surrounding cavities and ligaments. However, difficult does not mean painful. If in hopes of reaching a certain tone or trying to hold a sound, you thereby cause stress to your neck or throat muscles, you are not going to last long. Controlling these muscles, as steadily as possible, and working them to a certain point each day, without strain, is one of the most important factors when it comes to practicing and learning how to sing. Remember, you should never feel pain nor strain.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

To learn how to sing the best thing is always following a good course, I suggest an online course because it's much cheaper and you can get great results. I suggest to follow this course ( http://learnhowtosing.kyma.info ) it's perfect for beginners and for high level singers.However there are several key things to do to improve your singing voice, yet some rely on upon your gender and some don't. Since I don't have a clue about your gender, I'll let you know the ones that are not gender particular. I'll give you some suggestions but I reccomend to follow the course that I posted above...I did it and I know you will apprecciate it! Learn to breathe from your diaphragm, not your lungs. - most straightforward route for a beinging voice understudy to learn this strategy is to lie level on your back and breathe without considering it. You ought to perceive that it is your stomach climbing and down, not your lungs. Congrats, you've spotted your diaphragm. Presently remained up and practice breathing through your nose and pushing the air into your stomach rather than your lungs. You can practice breath/breathing strategies. When you've figured out how to breathe with your diaphragm, you have to show yourself how to work those muscles in a manner that will improve your singing vocals. This is accomplished by something many refer to as breath exercises. Fundamentally, you use five to ten minutes doing these before endeavoring to sing. Here are some to kick you off: "the pregnant woman puff" is where you utilize the labor breathing method taught in lamas' classes to work your mouth muscles. "the straw" is where you suck in all the air you can oversee and afterward gradually release it again on your own pace while switching up the variations of the breath release. For a better work out in this exercise you can really sing a few bars of a tune also.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

If you’re like most people who dream of becoming a world-class musician or just love to sing, your goal is simple: you want to overcome your vocal barriers.

You want to take your singing ability to the highest level.

And you know that across the world, more and more people are taking their voice to that next level.

But why do some of these ‘lucky’ singers seem to have amazing ability, perfect control, pitch, agility, confidence, and a huge vocal range –

while you might still be struggling to improve your singing voice and have a masterful singing voice?

Click Here : http://singingtip.info

http://youtu.be/olih7uI62KU

Youtube thumbnail

If you have any questions please send a mail to : singingmethod@bestproductsonline.info

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

The singing tips presentation on this page will show you how to improve your singing voice,

increase your range, have better breath control, and simply be a better singer in just a few minutes a day!

You’ll be pleased to know this isn’t any type of gimmick…

these are REAL techniques that I use and teach other people to get real results in making you a better singer.

You’re going to want to watch the entire presentation to see exactly how I became a better singer,

how thousands are simply copying my plan, and how you can do the same.

Don’t forget! Watch the entire presentation, because you will be surprised!

Click Here : http://tinyurl.com/nevbrqe

http://youtu.be/olih7uI62KU

Youtube thumbnail

• 1 decade ago

take a deep belly button breath from your diaphram.

make sure your breath is controlled and you let it out as your sound is coming out.

for higher notes your breath needs to spin faster to get the air out.

i hope that makes sensee.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Use more air, and sing from your diaphragm. Just keep practicing!

• 1 decade ago

more air

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.