Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Physical traits of Mr. Frank(Anne Frank's Dad)?

• goldie
    Favorite Answer

I don't know if this will be any help. It's my interpretation of Otto Frank from pictures in the book The Hidden Life Of Otto Frank by Carol Ann Lee. She describes some of his temperament, but I don't recall a written description of him.

This particular picture was taken in the mid-1910 decade. His features are pleasant. His ears protrude slightly. His mustache is on the thin side as is hair which appears to be a medium brown. High forehead. Eyes deep-set, almond shaped. Lips are rather thin. Nose is long, straight. Appears to have a long thin neck.

In a WW! uniform I can tell he's slender, but can't determine height.

In a 1952 photo he is bald w/ fairly thick hair on the sides. Face seems rounder.

In 1979, he is pictured w/ a smile, but the lips are thin, even though he has a half-smile. Face seems even rounder. This photo was taken one yr. before his death.

The book has other photos of him. I was trying to get a representative composite for you.

Source(s): My personal library.