I Need a List Of Famous Gothic Poets?

i need a good sized list of Gothic Poets, but no-one mention Edgar Allen Poe, cause i don't care about his poetry.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Sir Walter Raleigh, William Shakespeare, Walt Whitman, Oscar Wilde, William Cullen Bryant, Christopher Brennan, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Emily Bronte, John Keats, Aleister Crowley, John McCrae, Anne Boleyn, Thomas Hardy, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Christopher Brennan, Robert Browning, Emily Dickinson, Eugene O Neill, John Masefield, Keats, Coleridge, Christina Rosetti, GK Chesterson, Anne Finch, Walter De La Mare, William Bulter Yeats, Aleister Crowley, Ella Wheeler Wilcox, William Blake, Lord Byron, Matthew Arnold, and John Donne.

Source(s): They are supposed to be 'dark'. I copy pasted them from a bunch of different sites, the only ones I'm actually fimilar with is edgar allen poe and emily dickens. sorry, I don't know that many. hope it helped anyway!
  • 5 years ago

A lot of those are not gothic poets. These are: Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Anne Boleyn, Robert Browning, Emily Dickinson, Keats, Coleridge, Christina Rosetti, William Blake, Lord Byron.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I Need a List Of Famous Gothic Poets?

i need a good sized list of Gothic Poets, but no-one mention Edgar Allen Poe, cause i don't care about his poetry.

Source(s): list famous gothic poets: https://biturl.im/BJ62Q
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

1) Matthew Arnold 2) Robert Frost 3) Lucille Clifton 4) Paul Verlaine 5) Jonathan Swift The only one I have heard of and only knew about Olliver's Travels. 6) Vita Sackville-West 7) Lisel Mueller 8) Anne Killigrew 9) Rebecca Elson 10) Thomas Warton

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awcXx

Carnal Knowledge by Rebecca Elson (SHE WAS AN ASTONOMER AS WELL AS A POET, DID NOT WRITE A LOT) Having picked the final datum From the universe And fixed it in its column, Named the causes of infinity, Performed the calculus Of the imaginary i, it seems The body aches To come too, To the light, Transmit the grace of gravity, Express in its own algebra The symmetries of awe and fear, The shudder up the spine, The knowing passing like a cool wind That leaves the nape hairs leaping. I will have tyo finish later thanks Scooter here is the link, it is siilly, really

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.