I can't get the lens off my Topcon RE super camera (after putting it on the wrong way.)?

I purchased a camera at a Goodwill today, which turned out to be a Topcon RE Super. I'll admit I am a complete novice when it comes to cameras that aren't digital, so I was messing around with it and trying to figure it out. I removed the lens that came with it, a 58mm, and inadvertently put it on the... show more I purchased a camera at a Goodwill today, which turned out to be a Topcon RE Super.
I'll admit I am a complete novice when it comes to cameras that aren't digital, so I was messing around with it and trying to figure it out. I removed the lens that came with it, a 58mm, and inadvertently put it on the wrong way. (I think upside down.)

Since then, I haven't been able to see out of the viewfinder. I've already taken it by a camera store, where the guy behind the counter confirmed that I put the lens on the wrong way and was unable to remove it. He said he didn't want to be responsible for it if it broke. Thanks, guy.

I depress the lever to release the pins that hold it in place, twist it, hell, I've even tried throwing caution to the wind and attempted to use a screwdriver to wedge it off.

I'm stumped. Does anyone have any advice at all as far as how to remove a stuck lens?
1 answer 1