Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

What is the process for having a family member in another state declared incompetent?

My friends elderly mom needs to be put in a mental institution, but the daughter lives a few states away. What can she do to have her mom declared incompetent? Or does she even have to do that to have her committed?

1 Answer

  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

    the easy way would have a doctor do this,

    or apply to the courts for a compency on her for own protection.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.